“Excellent Food”

Tamarind Indian Cuisine
Ranked #31 of 131 Restaurants in Drogheda
Price range: US$14 - US$56
Description: Tamarind Indian Cuisine is well known for its hospitality, food quality and variety in Indian food. Tamarind Indian Cuisine's Head Chef Kamal have over 20 years experience working in many of the World's finest Indian Restaurants. He and his team bring many Original recipes and dishes for you. We do not use any artificial additives or colors in our cooking, all dishes are made In-house using only the finest and freshest ingredients including locally sourced chicken, lamb, fish and vegetables. We only use Fresh Ingredients - Nothing Frozen is used! We not only cater guests, but also organize corporate parties, birthday celebration and any occasion. We hope you enjoy.
Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

Tamarind's food always excels. I must confess to being a curry addict for many years. My favourites in this restaurant are roshny, dopiaza, rogan josh, saag wala and bhuna. I often get them vegetarian. The sides are also delicious including spinach, tarka Dahl and Bombay aloo. The naans are mouth watering. Indian spices are so good for you. All washed down with a cobra beer.

1  Thank Montysheridan

Reviewed 20 March 2017 via mobile

I went here with my friend Lisa and had a wonderful meal. Kamal was extremely helpful in helping me decide what dishes to try, wonderful choices and amazing food. We were so well looked after. Thanks Kamal. I would highly recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank mullinscross
Reviewed 12 March 2017

In brief, food very good, service slow, waiters in need of training and a lack of ambiance.
Ok, where to start.
1st off I agree with the majority of reviewers the food was really very good. However the service leaves a lot to be desired.
2nd we ordered wine which arrived in good time however the waiters (2 at different times) seemed to make a big deal about which glasses to leave on the table and kept moving them about the table putting them in front of the wrong members of the party. We then waited well over 20 minutes before being asked for our order. It was over an hour after our arrival before the starters arrived and about 45 minutes after we finished the starters before the main course arrived.
3rd the waiters were not very friendly and appeared to lack the basic finesse when it came to placing the dishes, plates on the table and replenishing water. I would suggest some training in this area is much needed if the restaurant is to compete with other restaurants in the area.
4th little or no atmosphere this wasn’t that important to me on the night as I was very much enjoying the company of those in our party but I did notice a lack of ambiance in the restaurant. This could have something to do with the emphases being on their take out business.
I am unlikely to return as there are better restaurants in the area but will order from the take out.

Reviewed 1 March 2017 via mobile

My husband and I have been to this restaurant a few times now. The food is incredible. I absolutely love the Pasanda which is mild but so tasty. The staff are friendly and I wish the restaurant was busier as they really deserve it! The naan bread is beautiful also. Very affordable menu.

Reviewed 1 March 2017

Amazing food that is presented beautifully. Stunning modern and stylish décor. Great ambience. Very friendly, helpful and attentive staff, especially Kamal. Large range of vegetarian options. Incredible wine selection. You must try Tamarinds' Tasting Plate and the Tandoori King Prawns! Won Best Young Chef- Gold Award

Tamarind also has an impressive bar and beer garden upstairs.

I highly recommend this restaurant! You will not be disappointed. We will be back very soon :)