“Great food, lovely atmosphere and a warm welcome”

The Pantry & Corkscrew
Ranked #6 of 93 Restaurants in Westport
Cuisines: Diner, International, Healthy, Wine Bar
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

The title says it all. The food was 5*. The atmosphere was very warm and inviting. Lots of pictures on the walls reminded me of the type of clutter I'd have seen when visiting my late grandmother. Made me feel right at home. Each table having a different type of lamp just shows the thought that's gone into the layout.

Also, there's a certain intimacy that comes with being somewhere that is small and cosy like this.

This restaurant was recommended to me and i would strongly pass that recommendation on to you.

Yes, you.

Eat there.

Now.

You're welcome.

Reviewed 9 March 2018

Our daughter and partner advised us to go to this restaurant on our break in Westport. It is a small restaurant situated in the middle of the town. Really great food and all made in house. The lady on duty gave us and the other customers first class attention. My husband had the duck and I had the hake. They were both excellent. The first time I had potatoes that I didn’t know. They were very light even though they had been fried. I can’t remember what the lady said they were called! The sauce was delicious and came with beetroot and butternut. I also had the chocolate and orange cake which was lovely and light. You should really go there if you are in Westport.

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Beautiful restaurant. Fab menu with divine veggie options. This place is a must if you are in Westport.

2  Thank Elsmo
Reviewed 22 February 2018 via mobile

Of the top 3 Westport restaurants on Tripadvisor, The Pantry & the Corkscrew surpassed the other two by some distance for mains, drawing even with Sage on desserts. Their hake main course was outstanding. My wife was similarly impressed with a vegetarian arancini dish. Their homemade pear and rosemary bread was something else. The staff were a pleasure to deal with. We're going back again tomorrow night.

2  Thank William Anthony Q
Reviewed 17 February 2018

Another lovely meal, great service and fine food, went for the early bird again, however in comparison to Sage, its perhaps now not quite as good!