“Great first meal in Westport.”

The Pantry & Corkscrew
Ranked #6 of 92 Restaurants in Westport
Cuisines: Diner, International, Healthy, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

Recommended by the owner of B&B we were staying at.

Nice ambience. Knowledgeable staff. Thankfully were able to sit us as a walk ins but would advise booking as reasonably small and intimate place. Good quality food and drink but not a quick cheap dinner by any stretch. Starter and main each with 2 glasses of wine and 2 small beers ~€80. But all was delicious.

All said and done, would eat there again.

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

Great food best booking as it's popular and very very intimate and cosyie has a number of awards excellent customer service.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

We had a lovely Mother’s Day sunday luncheon in this exquisite restaurant located in Westport, County Mayo, Ireland. A nice surprise: Mums were greeted with a glass of prosecco! The best table for couples is the front one with the window view which had been selected for us when the reservation was made. Do make a reservation as this gem is hugely popular. Gluten free options available and my selection of the goat cheese salad (gf) was superb as was my husband’s more traditional sausages and veg. We were able to chat with owner & chef Dermott Flynn, and enjoyed hearing about the vintage luggage on display. The walls are lined with lovely artwork and a myriad of restaurant awards, certificates and reviews; all well deserved. We appreciated the attentiveness of our server Joanne and her artistic cappuccino concoctions. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

The title says it all. The food was 5*. The atmosphere was very warm and inviting. Lots of pictures on the walls reminded me of the type of clutter I'd have seen when visiting my late grandmother. Made me feel right at home. Each table having a different type of lamp just shows the thought that's gone into the layout.

Also, there's a certain intimacy that comes with being somewhere that is small and cosy like this.

This restaurant was recommended to me and i would strongly pass that recommendation on to you.

Yes, you.

Eat there.

Now.

You're welcome.

Reviewed 9 March 2018

Our daughter and partner advised us to go to this restaurant on our break in Westport. It is a small restaurant situated in the middle of the town. Really great food and all made in house. The lady on duty gave us and the other customers first class attention. My husband had the duck and I had the hake. They were both excellent. The first time I had potatoes that I didn’t know. They were very light even though they had been fried. I can’t remember what the lady said they were called! The sauce was delicious and came with beetroot and butternut. I also had the chocolate and orange cake which was lovely and light. You should really go there if you are in Westport.