“Don't know what the hype is about ”
Review of Mandarin Court.

Mandarin Court.
Ranked #50 of 122 Restaurants in Sligo
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Had been recommended this Chinese by a colleague and I had to try it based on that. Food was only meh. Ordered spring rolls to share, no flavour, very bland.
Ordered beef & black bean sauce & chicken sweet & sour.
Beef was so tough most of it had to be thrown out. Chicken was ok but it was quite dry.
Noodles & rice were the sides.
I've eaten in far more superior Chinese restaurants.
Very little choice on the menu either ‍♀️

Date of visit: August 2021
Write a reviewReviews (161)

Reviewed 15 May 2021

Ordered crispy birds nests a day in advance. When we arrive we were told they miscalculated the birds nests and we that had to have rice instead. We were charged full price.

Hit or miss from me.

Date of visit: May 2021
Reviewed 18 April 2021 via mobile

Lovely curry. Real strong tasting and good portions. A little pricey, then again the quality is worth it overall.

Keep it up!

Date of visit: April 2021
Reviewed 2 January 2021

Have been going to the restaurant for over 30 years for sit down & takeout have always loved the food .
But unfortunately have been very disappointed many times lately as the Front of house lady I find very rude with no Customer Service she does not make customers welcome at all .
This time she was Exceptionally Rude I ordered our family takeout for 6 o'clock when I got there I was told it would be 5 min so I was asked to take seat while wating I noticed 12 others also wating & more coming in & been told the same thing there was people coming in some wating some leaving saying there'd come back but when they came back they were told the same thing @ this stage they were customers wating in the hall way .
I waited over 1 hour with no explanation or apology from this lady .
The young girls also in reception was trying her best to be polite & saying sorry to customers she seemed so upset but it was not her place to explaine it was the Front of house lady but she didn't even try .
When my takeout was finally ready she came from the kitchen passed me called my name littlery through my order on the reception desk & walked passed me with out a word of apology or a smile I have many times found her attuid to be like this she seems to hate her job .
The restaurant was so cold & so many people wating it was impossible to social distances people were really getting anxious .
This would never happen when Beverly was there .
The food is always amazing but feel I won't be back as not been treated like a pice of dirt by some one that hates her job .

Date of visit: December 2020
Reviewed 1 January 2021 via mobile

We decided that we would get this food for New Year’s Eve as we were at my parents. We ordered ours the day before and booked it for 7.45pm. We called in to the restaurant to collect our food to be met by a young girl that obviously doesn’t like her job very much she was rude and couldn’t care. We were told our order was delayed by 20 minutes that was fine it’s New Year’s Eve after all. It was 1hr 35 mins before we got our food the amount of people waiting was ridiculous. The food was cold and greasy. Was not worth the wait. Will save our money the next time.

Date of visit: January 2021