See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 October 2012

This lovely B and B far exceeded it's 3* rating probably because it was a little way out of the centre of town. This was not a problem however to the friendly owner Miriam who gave us a lift in her own car!!!! The beds were very comfortable, the shower hot and powerful and the tea and biscuits on arrival was a little extra touch that made us feel very welcome. Breakfast was plentiful in a spacious and comfortable setting. We only stayed one night but we left wishing it had been more. Thanks Miriam ...we will definately be back.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2012

We recently attended a friends wedding hear, we stayed for 2 nights and I have to say it was brilliant. We stayed in the execuitive suite, the bed was very cosy, the room was big with an off room like a sitting room come second bedroom. I found the staff very friendly and helpful.

The afternoon tea was very nice and well presented, we ate in the main resturant that evening, there are only to negatives hear
1 the food is very expencive and the lamb main coures was very small
2 we had to send our mains back as it was cold
Now these things happen, but what disappointed me was that there was no good will justure given like a drink or a comp dessert, we where waiting a total of 50 minutes before we started to eat our main coures which was far to long sitting there with nothing in front of us
We didnt have dessert

The breakfast both mornings was excellent with a good choice
The wedding itself was very well done
The food was very well presented and hot and there was a nice break between coures which I think is very important

Over all a great experience and I would return

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 June 2012

overall a good stay. The water in my room failed to get hot and had very low pressure, so I didn't end up having a shower given I only stayed the night. Quiet area and friendly host Miriam

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank travellingjak60
Management response:Responded 21 June 2012

Thank you for your comments, I am happy you enjoyed your overnight stay with us. With regards to the shower I am sorry you had trouble with it. I had the plumber in the house looking at another issue recently so he checked everything with this shower and it is operating well. The only thing I think may have happened is that it may have needed to run longer due to its distance from cylinder. I am sorry that you didn't inform me at the time, I would have most certainly ensured you had a hot shower. Our guests comfort is our main priority at all times.Again thank you for your feedback and I hope to see you back at Claddagh in the future.

Miriam

Reviewed 14 May 2012

Miriam the owner was very kind and welcoming. We enjoyed hot scones and fresh coffee on our arrival. Bedroom was warm and comfortable. Also very clean across the board. Breakfast was served in a spacious dining room with plenty of choices. I would highly recommend Claddagh B&B.

Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank andreea p
Reviewed 19 October 2011

We only stayed one night but enjoyed our comfy room. Miriam was a great hostess. However, we are warm-blooded folks from Phoenix, Arizona and were cold in the room. Seemed the heaters on the walls were always cold. But there was an electric blanket on the bed that was fantastic.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Andrea H
CladdaghMiriam, Owner at Claddagh B&B Waterford, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2011

Andrea, I'm so sorry the central heating was out of order on the night you stayed with us at Claddagh Bed&Breakfast. I only discovered the fault in the heating boiler on the following morning. Again I apologise and i thank you for your review. Our guests comfort is most important to us at Claddagh Bed&Breakfast.
Best Wishes,