“Fab food”

Price range: US$7 - US$28
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: Family Friendly Pub and Restaurant "The first and last Pub in Ireland" Meals produced with locally sourced Meat Vegetables and Freshly Caught Seafood, Kids menu also available. Free on site Car park and great selection of Beers and Wines on offer. Local music on Most weekend nights with Pool table Large screen TV's and games for kids. Off licence separately located beside Pub. Come in and meet Father and Son Owners Jim/Mark and there Friendly staff.
Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

Great food, friendly and helpful staff. Great little social spot. Make you feel very welcome. A definite return.

jdlgolf, Public Relations Manager at The Kilrane Inn Pub and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2017

Thank you for the kind review and we look forward to seeing you soon again.

Reviewed 26 October 2017

I used Trip Advisor to find somewhere to eat - just got off the Cherbourg/Rosslare Ferry en route to the Cork Jazz Festival. The most pleasant welcome from the Bar Staff and the Dining Room Staff. I was impressed that horseradish sauce was offered with the roast beef. The food was piping hot and the vegetables tasted very fresh and were not cooked to death. I prefer my beef underdone but it was delicious and plentiful. Washed down by a pint of Guinness - a great dining experience and a giggle in the Bar with the locals who didn't believe I was 80. I shall eat there again on the way back!

jdlgolf, Public Relations Manager at The Kilrane Inn Pub and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2017

Posts like this make us Smile Sue . We are delighted you had a great experience with us and we hope you enjoy your trip and we will see you on your return journey.

Reviewed 26 October 2017

Extremely friendly bar staff - she couldn't do enough for us, and was extremely helpful and efficient. Food was pretty good - not out of this world, and some of it felt a bit 'microwaved' (curry), however, the king prawns were excellent, chips were great, but sticky toffee pudding didn't feel home-made which was a bit of a let down (for something so simple to make). Would definitely recommend. Meals were average of €15 each, with a kids meal that was 5.95, and fairly generous too.

jdlgolf, Public Relations Manager at The Kilrane Inn Pub and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2017

Hi JW thanks for your review
We are lucky to have great bar staff and we are delighted you enjoyed most of your food we will look into why the sticky toffee pudding wasn't to your liking..we do hope you visit us again.

Reviewed 22 October 2017

It's been a while due to commitments since visiting this fine establishment.dropped in with my Wife and daughter for lunch from the Sunday menu .i had the beef stew which was just fabulous and too much to finish , great to see some proper Irish craft beers on tap and I had a couple of your Rebel red beers which I googled and it's made in cork .
Staff were great with the owner serving us . I won't leave it too long for the next visit .

jdlgolf, Public Relations Manager at The Kilrane Inn Pub and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2017

Jonny thanks for the review and we have 2 craft beers on tap now. Hop house 13 and Irelands No.1 craft beer made in Cork "Franciscan well Rebel Red " , we are delighted your family enjoyed there lunch and we will look forward in seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed 21 October 2017

Living not too far away from Kilrane, I made my first visit to the Kilrane Inn last week. The food was top notch (vegetarian curry) and I struggled to finish the VERY generous and delicious portion but I did!!! There was a young waiter, he was very friendly and welcoming.
After a tough week for different reasons, a friend and I decided to call in for a bite to eat on Friday 20 Oct. Again the food was excellent but more than anything, the lady serving us made a bad week so much easier. We didn't get her (when she was chatting to us, she mentioned she has a daughter Kelly, I think!) She was very kind, allowed us to charge a phone, was chatty and just a nice person and excellent at her job. Thank you so much! I can see why the reviews for your establishment are so positive. Your staff are a credit to the place.

jdlgolf, Public Relations Manager at The Kilrane Inn Pub and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2017

What a great review , it was Debbie who has a daughter called Kellie and she will be delighted to see she made your week . Our portions are large and glad to see that one of our vegetarian options did the trick for you. Hoping you will visit us again soon and spread the word locally about us.