Clayton Whites Hotel
Riverbank House Hotel(Wexford)(Great Value!)
US$116
TripAdvisor
Ashfield House(Killinick)
TripAdvisor
1,643 results
All reviewsthermal suiteterrace restaurantlibrary bartranquility spaunderground parkingcoffee dockwexford townexecutive roomcentral locationlovely hotelspa treatmentsbar foodleisure centregreat selectionlovely viewopera housetop class
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

I have here lots of times over the years. This fine, l stayed for 3 nights with wife and 2 kids (4). The hotel is very well located in the town. The bar is nice and big with comfy seats. The leisure centre is very good with and adult and a kids pool. There was a kids club each evening. As kids clubs go, it wasn't great but it was good that it was there for the school holidays so parents could have dinner in peace! The restaurant was very nice, food delicious and the restaurant staff are excellent.

The hotel is let down by their reservations department who made a complete mess of our booking. This issue was compounded at check-in where the reception staff implied that the catalogue of errors was somehow my fault! Anyway after 2 hours of messing they finally realised their mistakes and accommodated us properly.

Overall though, we enjoyed our stay which was good value for money.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
clayton_whites_hotel, General Manager at Clayton Whites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I was happy to read you have enjoyed your break. I will look into the issue you mention regarding issues you have experienced during check in, thank you for bringing this to my attention. Hopefully we will see you back soon. Kind regards Joe O'Brien General Manager

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed two nights in this Hotel and with our two kids. The free access to the Leisure Centre is great for the kids, and we went there three times, because the weather wasn‘t to great. The staff was friendly and our room was clean and spacious. The breakfast buffet had plenty of choices and was above average. The only led down was the dinner we had in the hotel‘s restaurant. It was very expensive and not really special - considering the price. We had the steak which had a €9 supplement to the standard menu price. It was good, but €9 pp was a bit overpriced. Overall we had a good time there and if we would ever visit Wexford again, we would probably check in there again.

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I was happy to read you found our staff friendly. I will look into the issue you mention regarding our Terrace Restaurant, thank you for bringing this to my attention. Hopefully we will see you back soon. Kind regards Joe O'Brien General Manager

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Nice hotel, great location, friendly staff, clean room.

We stayed in Clayton Hotel Wexford for a family weekend break, on arrival we were treated with friendly staff at reception, only niggle is rooms aren’t ready until 4pm, bit of a wait but not too bad.

Rooms are spacious and we had a nice view of the internal courtyard. Clean and all that’s needed within the rooms.

The pool and gym are perfect, all very clean and useful.

Breakfast, where do I start, if you like to q then you will enjoy standing around waiting to get an over cooked fry which has turned cold!!! Same scenario both mornings, the area where the breakfast food is can only be described as a small corridor far too small for the amount of guests trying to scramble for the last sausage!! The breakfast room itself is fine nice and big and airy just where you get the breakfast is a shambles. Food at breakfast isn’t great either, in fact the food at dinner time in the bar isn’t up to much either. We didn’t eat in the restaurant so can’t comment on that food but seemed to be busy in the evenings.

All in all the hotel is great and we will stay again.

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback, I was happy to read you enjoyed your stay at Clayton Whites Hotel. I will look into the issue you mention regarding the breakfast service, as this would not be normal practice. Hopefully we will see you back soon and in the meantime, thank you again for your feedback. Kind regards, Joe O'Brien General Manager

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

I have stayed in Whites hotel before it was a Clayton hotel and was always happy. This time I spent one night with my best friend on a girlie night away. We had purchased a deal online which included bed and breakfast, 3 course dinner, snipe of prosecco and Lily O Brian chocolates. I parked up in the underground car park. I was early and room was not ready but a fabulous receptionist called Laura checked me in, took my bag and said she would call when room was ready which she surly did. Hotel is in great location for shopping, straight out into the heart of the shopping district. We browsed and had s drink in a local bar. We return d and got ready for dinner. Starters of spring rolls and main course of hake were delicious but the desserts were a let down. Also had a bottle of Chilenis Sauvignon Blanca at €30 which was no more than vinegar. Service was very poor in restaurant for dinner.
Breakfast next morning was delicious, great selection of freshly cooked food and tasty fruit. Service was excellent. Our deal included late check out at 1 which we did not avail of.
Will return again!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Eimear,

Thank you taking time to review Clayton Whites Hotel. I was delighted to read what a great time you had. I will pass on your comment to Laura. I will look into the issue you mention regarding Chilenis Sauvignon Blanc, thank you for bringing this to my attention
Hopefully we will see you back soon. Kind regards Joe O'Brien General Manager

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

Lovely place. Rooms are a little shabby are probably due a refurbishment but that aside it's a great hotel. Good location. Love restaurant. Service in the bar was very slow but aside from that the staff were great. Sean in the terrace restaurant was the hardest working waiter I've ever seen. He was very friendly & efficient. Food was lovely n good value for money. Laura at reception also made our stay memorable. She was very friendly, helpful and professional. Will definitely be back.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hedders28

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review. I was delighted to see that you found Clayton Whites Hotel to be an ideal place to stay while in Wexford and were impressed with the service. I will be sure to pass on your positive comments to the team here. Hopefully we will see you back again soon and in the meantime, thank you again for your feedback.

Kind regards