Whitford House Hotel Health and Leisure Club
Ashfield House(Killinick)
Hotel Curracloe(Curracloe)
Hotel Rosslare(Rosslare)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsa family run hotelbar foodwexford townsuperior roomcarvery lunchleisure clubthe ground floortop classswimming poolboth nightssteam roomchowderlovely atmospherelovely hotelan overnight staysalmonshort drive
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 February 2012

My Husband and I stayed for 2 nights. We enjoyed a very comfortabale room and woke relaxed and refreshed. The meals in the hotel are incredibly good and reasonably priced. All staff are well trained, friendly and excellent are their jobs. Reception staff are warm, welcoming and extremely helpful. The Leisure Centre and Serenite Spa just complete the perfect break.
We have used this hotel previously, and this visit was even better than the previous visit, which we did not think could be possible

Room Tip: Just book and stay. You will not be disappointed
1  Thank Sheeba398
Reviewed 21 February 2012

We got given a gift of a voucher for the whitford house hotel. The hotel is easy to find just off the Wexford town ring road and has good parking facilities, except for the very high speed bumps. The staff on the checkin desk were efficient and friendly. We had a superior double room, which was very spacious with its own patio. The whole hotel was impecibly clean, even if the decor my not be to everyones taste. We also ate in the seasons restaurant and the food and service were excellent. The bar was very busy with a lot of locals eating and drinking there, a sign of a good establishment. The jewel in the crown is the leisure facilities. The swimming pool is excellent, and it has a very well equiped gym. The only downside is that the hotel is a long way from the town centre, you could walk but is if at least 30 minutes.
Overall an excellent well run hotel.

Overall a very plesant stay a

Room Tip: Go Superior if you are a smoker
1  Thank Martdris
Reviewed 7 February 2012

I have just returned from a short break in Whitford House Hotel and cannot come up with one fault or critisim. The staff were very helpful and polite. The food was top quality. The rooms are very spacious. The girls in the beauty salon do a fantastic job and are really friendly. I would highly recomend a stay, young or old. Cant wait to go back again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jean2012_12
Reviewed 6 February 2012

We stayed in the Whitford House Hotel for a quiet & resting getaway weekend and it delivered just what we needed.

Having booked the room via the website with a request for a certain room type, we were delighted to see that we received the type of room we asked for. The hotel rooms are very quiet, well appointed, a comfortable and relaxing place to be. The double beds are king size and extremely comfortable, so a good night’s sleep is guaranteed. The only thing missing was a complimentary bottle of water, which we really missed during the night. The en suite was functional but could do with a makeover as it was starting to look a little tired. Having said that, it was perfectly fine to use and most importantly it was spotlessly clean.

The staff are very friendly, attentive but not over bearing. The hotel bar was extremely busy, yet staff still found the time to be calm, friendly and talk to customers which was refreshing to see!

The food. Words can’t describe the excellent quality of the food. When we arrived on Friday evening the bar was packed with diners. We learned why over the weekend. For the first time ever on a weekend break we ate in the hotel on both nights. The first night we dined in the hotel restaurant and the food was fantastic and at a very reasonable price too. I had a chicken starter which was one of the best I have ever tasted. On Saturday we ate in the bar which was packed, not a free table to be had with people waiting for tables. Always a good sign of a popular venue. Once again the bar food was of restaurant quality and fantastic value for money in these times.

We reluctantly left on Sunday, fully relaxed and recharged. So the Whitford delivered on all fronts for us and we could not fault the hotel on anything. We will be back!

1  Thank alanbucko
Reviewed 6 January 2012

I travel a lot for work and ensure that I stop for food at the Whitford whenever I am in Wexford therefore when I had to stay overnight, I booked this hotel. I rang quite late and the receptionist was very helpful, even asked if I would like her to order me a sandwich as I would be arriving after the kitchen closed. This is the first hotel that offered me this service despite the fact I stay in hotels at least twice a week with work.

Upon arrival, the receptionist was extremely friendly and helpful. The room was very clean and warm including the bathroom. I really liked the fact the there was a main ceiling light in the bedroom ( rare occurrence in my experience), which may seem minor but is important when trying to work in the room.

All the staff that I encountered, indeed any time I go to this hotel, were very friendly, efficient and friendly. The receptionist in the morning was very friendly when I was checking out, not just going through the motions.

As I said at the start, I ensure to have food there any time that I am in the vicinity as it is always delicious and the carvery is always hot.

I will definitely stay there again and would recommend it to friends!!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business