“Try the veal, best in the city.”
Review of Sapore Italiano

Sapore Italiano
Reserve with OpenTable
Sapore Italiano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

This is an Italian restaurant in an old neat house. We had a nice table on the front porch which we enjoyed.My wife tried the vegetable risotto. The portion was huge. She enjoyed it, her first ever risotto, but did not loved it. I had veal carfiochi which is thinly pounded veal in a lemon caper sauce topped with artichoke hearts and shrimp. I made a special request for my linguine to be served on the side in a bolonegse sauce, no problem no up charge. Nice but not overbearing service. Maybe the best veal I have ever had.Reasonable price, nice atmosphere and a byob. Go it’s great

1  Thank Adjo47

Reviewed 10 October 2017

My wife's sister and her niece visited us in Cape May and we enjoyed a great meal at Sapore. We has a delightful table on the porch in wonderful weather. The service was excellent and our meals well prepared and served on time. All four of us has different Italian dishes, sharing portions and were all very pleased. An added bonus was the reasonable check at the end of the evening.

1  Thank Alan M
Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

We came here for a bday dinner with 15 people. When we arrived at reservation time our table was ready to go with high chairs. We sat on the porch with zippered windows so we were able to enjoy the breeze. Everyone enjoyed the food. Calamari was good. Several people ordered the pumpkin ravioli special. I enjoyed my chicken parm. Our waiter was lovely and very attentive. We brought our own wine and bday cake. There were a lot of fruit flies on the porch but they werent too bothersome. I thought price was very reasonable. I would highly recommend this restaurant for a date night or family event!

1  Thank Susie G
Reviewed 5 October 2017

No matter when you visit this charming Italian bistro,you will be welcomed with open arms.Be sure to make reservations for they do get quite crowded even in the off season.I made reservations a month in advance through Open Table.The service seemed to be a bit rushed,but we did'nt mind.There are to many other things to do while visiting" The Cape" other then eating. We were seated as soon as we arrived for our 7:30 seating.There have various rooms to eat in....Could be a little tight when busy.

The most important part of this gem is the cuisine....Fresh,decadant,high fueled with taste.
If you enjoy a good Italian meal outside of your domain.This is the place.

Buon Appitite

Reviewed 25 September 2017

On Friday evening, our party of four had the pleasure of dining at the Sapore Italiano Restaurant located at 416 S. Broadway, West Cape May, New Jersey, approximately, one mile from the Cape May Mall. Fortunately, we made a reservation, via Open Table, for 5:45pm, because we quickly discovered that Sapore Italiano is quite popular with the locals and with the visiting tourists. The restaurant operates within a nicely restored Victorian styled home with a number of intimate dining rooms which provide a proper fine dining ambience. There is also a front porch area which serves as an alfresco dining area. The Sapore Italiano ala carte menu is comprised of many of the Italian style preparations for chicken, veal, seafood and pasta offerings, and of course nightly "specials". We all enjoyed our selections of appetizers, entrees (seafood specials) and desserts and special coffees. The wait staff is most professional and friendly. Sapore Italiano has a parking lot and on street (non metered) parking. Please note: Sapore Italiano is a B.Y.O.B. Most importantly, Sapore Italiano has now become our new go to Cape May Italian restaurant!