“Brilliant Mexican Night”
Review of Lightbox Cafe

Lightbox Cafe
Ranked #71 of 473 Restaurants in Peterborough
Description: Cafe : Bar brunches & lunches, savoury & sweet awesome fresh coffee beers, wines & cocktails late nights Thursday, Friday & Saturday Pop-up restaurants, Comedy Nights & DJs
Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Great to see the Lightbox packed on Friday night for their Mexican evening with the cult pop up guys from Bread Meat Cheese. Brilliant food and fantastic atmosphere, loved it!

EveWN, Owner at Lightbox Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2018

Thanks rory2017 for your review - yes it was a busy one! Glad you enjoyed enjoyed the atmosphere at The Lightbox and the food served up by Bread Meat Cheese, the next event will be announced very soon.

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

We have been here twice now.
We have always wanted a place in Peterborough where you can have a light lunch, that is fresh and not greasy.
The Lightbox delivers that, with a friendly service and nice atmosphere.
Food is tasty, fresh, and well presented. I had a ham and cheese toasty, the was prepared with fresh have good flavoured cheese, and came with homemade crisp and side salad and homemade coleslaw. My husband had eggs Benedict, he said it was one of the best he had tried. Also we had tea for two, and we had a good sized china pot that provided us with two cups each. Perfect!
Well worth a visit, this will become my new place for lunch.

EveWN, Owner at Lightbox Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2018

Thank you Jane for taking the trouble to post a review, your positive comments are really appreciated. We look forward to seeing you again soon at our independent modern tea room.

Reviewed 24 March 2018

What a fantastic addition Lightbox Cade is to Bridge Street. The coffees are good, as you'd expect, while the food is also excellent. Me and a friend had eggs benedict and it was perfectly done.

But the thing that makes this place stand out is the staff. By far the friendliest service I've seen in the city for a long time! A smile and a little chatter/banter goes a long way - I can't recommend this place enough.

There's also evening events, where the atmosphere takes on more of a bar feel I am told, so I look forward to trying that out.

Keep it up!

EveWN, Owner at Lightbox Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2018

Thanks tictac132 for your encouraging feedback, I will pass your positive comments on to our brilliant team. Yes as a day:night venue we have many events which are posted on social media & our website, from Comedy Nights, to Pop Up Restaurants and DJs on Friday & Saturday nights until late. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Wow, truly lovely staff, nice clean loo, baby changing table and the very best cake. Also had a nice cup of coffee. I must try here on an event night. Looks worth the time.

EveWN, Manager at Lightbox Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2018

Thank you! We do hope you will visit one of our events soon - keep an eye on our Facebook & Twitter pages.

Reviewed 27 February 2018

I visited the Lightbox cafe not too long ago. I found the atmosphere a bit odd as it was very light within the room, however the coffee was very nice. The staff are really friendly and the food looks very good. I also noticed they are open very late so I will visit one night and share my experiences. It's quite a new business that has opened up and no doubt will find its feet very soon. I enjoyed my time here and I will certainly be back.

EveWN, Manager at Lightbox Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2018

Thank you for your comments Toby. We do dim the lights on weekend nights when we have DJs keeping The Lightbox busy until the early hours but so far customers have told us that they enjoy the light, airy and relaxed feel we have created. However, we are always happy to take on-board constructive feedback and this is something we will consider. Pleased you liked the look of our food, our chefs in the kitchen will be very happy!