All reviews business park leisure facilities leisure club window seat sauna and steam room good size bar food public areas ground floor breakfast was excellent comfy bed east of england showground reception staff plenty of parking stayed here for one night bar area wedding reception
Reviewed 12 October 2015 via mobile

I along with my son were running in the GER Peterborough 1/2 marathon and the organisers were able to get reduced rate rooms for the participants. I therefore booked 2 rooms and we along with our wife's were completely taken back by what we got for our money. Rooms were excellent, breakfasts were excellent, leisure facilities available swimming pool, jacuzzi and gym were excellent and the late check out time certainly enhanced our short stay. Brilliant.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 12 October 2015

I don't know how much the coach company paid for the 40 plus quests but it would not of been anywhere near to the full rate. Therefore this review is based on a group visit. Room was very comfertable especially the 5 ft bed. Clean room and bathroom as expected in a 4 star. I have stayed at other 4 stars which have not been so good. Free wifi in public rooms but you pay in the room. That's unusual in this day and age. However food was ok plus. I would stay here gain if in the area.

Room tip: Probably all similar
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2015

Normally on arrival for a conference you see a sign of where to go - there was none and three of my guests were just told to wait in the bar (nobody told me they were there). Another two were told "the sign isn't working" and then sent to the right room, but begrudgingly.

Service through the day was in similar vein, being ignored in the bar when buying (or attempting to) tea etc.

I did discuss with the reception team as i left, so hope they've been putting it right!

• Trip type: Travelled on business
NCarn, Manager at Peterborough Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2015

Dear Jon B,
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback and sharing your experience with the Peterborough Marriott Hotel.

We take great care in ensuring our guests are satisfied with our facilities and unfortunately on this occasion we did not meet your expectations, to which we sincerely apologise.

Please be assured I have shared your feedback with the relevant department managers to ensure that this doesn't reoccur.

Thank you again for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel so we can restore your faith in us.

Sumer Gyawalee

Reviewed 5 October 2015

Staff very friendly and polite. Hotel nicely situated and well presented. The room was well decorated as well as being very clean. The breakfast was very good but I would advise you to avoid the restaurant if possible (there is a harvester round the corner).
The evening meal was very expensive and tasted as if it was pre-cooked (dry steak and soggy fish!)
Aside from this, I will definitely be staying again

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 October 2015

On arrival the smell of air freshener is overpowering with in the lobby. We
booked (and PAID for) 3 double rooms and were given 2 doubles and 1 twin room. The twin rooms door keys did not work, on complaining the rather curt and unfriendly manager informed us that we would need to contact the front desk every time we wish to enter our room. This was not acceptable (the couple in this twin room consisted of a disabled lady and her parter/carer). After complaining and waiting we were moved to yet another TWIN room. Not brilliant only saving graces are the spa and the actual rooms were good.

• Trip type: Travelled with family