“Walked out! ”
Review of Gino d'Acampo

Gino d'Acampo
Reserve with TopTable
Gino d'Acampo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #133 of 396 Restaurants in Harrogate
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Didn’t reserve a table, no space downstairs- but upstairs had a table, never visited before so agreed. Showed us to a table and pretty much left without any type of service for 20 minutes. Ordered drinks finally, told the waiter we are ready to order, he said ok and then didn’t come back for 15mins, then came back to take our order... still no drinks... as this point told him to cancel the order and walked out.

7  Thank beckles1987

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Table for 6 at 3pm on Easter Sunday afternoon. Good welcome, good table, drinks and two kids meals arrive and are great along with starters for the 4 adults. 4 Adult mains to go, with 4 side dishes.
The side dishes arrive and the 4 adult mains. Two of the mains are pasta and arrive cold, one the pasta carbonara is on a hot plate but the pasta itself is cold, the other a £25 lobster pasta dish is in a warmish sauce with very cold pasta on a cold plate..... here’s the challenge .... kick off about it not being right and you’ve spoiled the whole tables eating experience...say nothing and you’re left eating a cold plate of something not very nice and paying through the nose for it.... I thought ...and decided , nah it’s just not good enough. Staff were very apologetic and I thought handled it well. In order not to ruin the whole meal we suggested both pasta dishes served cold were warmed up and re- served rather than re made (which the staff offered to do). But when the both plates came back piping hot there was no lobster left on the lobster pasta.... so now I’m faced with a hot plate of pasta for £25 with no lobster meat..... to be honest I thought the kitchen were taking the pee. So unfortunately it was rejected and returned to to kitchen. I was offered any alternative, but by now everyone else has eaten and I’ve lost my appetite.
So what’s the grip.... the staff were good, obviously didn’t charge for the lobster pasta or the other cold pasta dish, they knocked one of the 3 bottles of wine off the bill and gave the kids free ice cream.... all good and fair enough. The grip is .... when you commit as a punter to booking a table at a resturant where you know your gonna pay £25 for a plate of pasta and >£30quid a bottle then it should just be great... because when it’s not you can’t really put a price on putting it right.... you’ve lost the moment as a family out for what should be a really nice special meal. The bill ended up at £138 after everything got knocked off..only 5 out of 6 of us ate, it included 1 bottle fizz and one bottle of white and 2 kids lemonade..... and my advice.... spend as much money getting the staff right in the kitchen as you do on front of house... the service was good and they appeared polished (too polished?) in dealing with complaints... but focus on the issue ... if the kitchen can’t do the job you’re knackered... the plates today should never have left your pass... had they done there job I’d be two tonne down but happy .....
so happy Easter Gino.... I’m the thick end of a tonne and a half down and had a crap afternoon .... cheers !

4  Thank GuiGadoire
Reviewed 29 March 2018

Love this restaurant in Harrogate. Superb food, excellent service and great atmosphere. Will certainly go again!!

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

I recently visited Harrogate with my mum for my 21st and we noticed Gino’s restaurant which I was eager to try. We was given a loyalty card each for £20 off our meals totally up to £40!! This was amazing. We booked into the restaurant with one of the waiters who was the most friendly smiley and welcoming person we could of met.
When we went for our food the same waiter looked after us, and the food was to die for. After our meal I received a desert on the house and as I was asking about Gino he waiter gave me a free Gino cook book! He was so good with us and looked after us.
If anyone visits Harrogate please please please go this restaurant you will thank me:)

1  Thank Samantha V
Reviewed 25 March 2018

Visited here twice and would not go back.
Service is awful, staff to busy trying to look good all style over substance, no genuine feel to the place .
Tried to book a table at 5pm to be told they only had the roof terrace , we said we would leave it as we preferred downstairs , very quick change of tune and we were told we could sit downstairs, arrived to find only about half a dozen tables in the whole place , so no idea what the problem was.
Food very average..