“Great food let down by service”
Review of Gino d'Acampo

Gino d'Acampo
Ranked #116 of 403 Restaurants in Harrogate
Reviewed 5 April 2018

We walked in one quite evening. The food was great, especially the garlic bread, but the service was slow and inattentive. We asked for drinks without ice but ice arrived, asked again but didn’t get ice-free glasses, reordered drinks but waited ages for them to come. Then waited ages for plates to be cleared. Staff seemed disinterested and aloof. The food however was great. I wouldn’t recommend here because of the poor service, there are several other Italian restaurants nearby instead.

1  Thank scrummymummy09

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Where do we start? Great food and wine, it surpassed our expectations. The menu has a good choice of dishes prepared by fabulous chefs.
The staff in this restaurant are outstanding, from entering the establishment to leaving we received attentive, polite, informative and amusing service. They made the whole dining experience, Gino d’Acampo should be proud of the staff in his restaurant. We are looking forward to our next visit. Thank you all.

2  Thank Zab1968
Reviewed 4 April 2018

I visited Ginos Last year, I thourghly enjoyed everything about it.
The staff, The food and the atmspohere were all really good.
It was very efficient and appeared to be running from like clockwork.
I wasnt sure what to expect but this place really did leave me feeling that we had , had really enjoyable evening.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

We went here for a birthday celebration. And was booked and confirmed as such. On arrival it was assumed we knew there was a waiting area upstairs. When we Sat at the bar down stairs we were asked to move. Eventually we got our table. Talk about packing them in to get maximum income. We ordered our meal and I had lobster linguine. 3 small pieces of gristly lobster that I had trouble eating but the linguine was nice. I wanted to complain but as my partner had organised it as a surprise I decided if she wanted to complain I would leave it to her. Then a table down from us were celebrating a birthday and got a cake and staff sang happy birthday. We were told this was normal for birthdays. So when we finished our meal we Sat and waited and waited for my cake. Nothing!!!!! Then the waiter asked if we wanted the bill we paid and left. Service was at best average to poor. With staff bumping into me as I was eating. Good was good but over priced I think I could have gone elsewhere and had as good much cheaper. Riding on the name if Ginos seems to make them think they above average but they need to wake up to the fact it is an average restaurant that people are booking because if the name

2  Thank trevor630
Reviewed 3 April 2018

Beautiful decor.The staff were friendly and helpful.The food was delicious and reasonably priced.you can also buy Ginos books

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant