All reviewslive jazzquirky hotelthe early bird menusmall balconyno liftbed apartmenttop floorcar parkthe penthouselovely mealthe main hotelblack puddingfriday eveningtwo nightsgreat roommain courseroll top bath
Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed at the Brasserie Boutique Hotel for two nights. Really well located and nice place. Room was well equipped, spacious and clean. Bed and pillows were comfortable.
It was an older building but quiet and quant. Staff were friendly and helpful and the breakfast in the morning was plentiful and fresh. Also, we had a parking pass so we could park behind the hotel every night. Good stay overall. Would certainly come back and stay here again.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

We visit this place each year for the annual trade show at the exhibition hall. We also choose the brasserie as we love the food and atmosphere on a Sunday night with the live music. After a mix up with hotels I managed to book a room here for the first time. The staff form the first moment I turned up looked after my every need with care and attention. From the small car park at the rear to the great breakfast each morning. Five star service at a very reasonable price. The rooms have character and are perfect for a mini break. Definitely recommend this hotel and restaurant. Well done! See you next year.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 September 2017

We stayed in Harrogate for the weekend of my husband's 50th birthday. We had been to the theatre to see the Mikado and I had done my research to find a suitable restaurant for Saturday night after tea at Betty's of course. I had a short list of 4 and we visited them all to look at the menu before deciding on this one mainly because it is owned by the Timothy Taylor brewery so you can have a pint with the meal not just wine. We were offered a choice of table so opted for one in the window which on reflection was a mistake as it was a small round table with not quite enough room for everything. My gin and tonic was served in a goldfish bowl sized glass with so much ice it was really diluted. We had the chicken liver parfait and garlic mushrooms to start which were nice although not very inventive and the steak and chicken breast for main course. The steak was delicious and tender and the chicken breast was fine although the sauce was too rich and creamy and needed wine or lemon to sharpen it and the rosti a bit limp and greasy. We chose the profiteroles off the specials but they had sold out so I passed on dessert and we had cheese instead which was good. The room has a comfortable old fashioned vibe with lots of music memorabilia (they have live jazz every night except Saturday) but the food is a bit time warped.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

I couldn't have chosen better, this is a lovely boutique hotel serving excellent food. I was very pleasantly surprised to be upgraded to Apartment no.20 at the very top. A bit of a climb (49 steps to be precise!) but very well worth it - wow what a wonderful room with a roll top bath, equipped kitchen & super comfy bed. All the staff were so welcoming and friendly. Small car park but leave your keys at reception & they will move your car if blocking another guest in. I had roast beef for dinner on the Sunday which was perfect. Live music duos most evenings give the place a good buzz. Breakfasts are good too with lots of choice. I shall definitely return when next in the area.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

Booked this hotel for a overnight stay for my mums birthday weekend....

I can honestly stay this place is faultless.... admittedly the rooms could do with a lick of paint, it's very clean and comfortable and that is all I need. The bed is super comfy! Just a overall cute quirky hotel.

Service is impeccable, everyone is so friendly, the older gentlemen who showed us to the room was friendly and attentive even called me by my name which is always a nice touch.

Evening service was again great, Aggie was a lovely lady, very sweet and pleasant.

Now the best part the food, the food was amazing, great quality, great portions! And just super tasty! Steak was cooked to perfection.

The hotel is really central to everything, nice walking distance...

I will be returning to this hotel.
Great value for money! Great service...

Thank you for a warm welcoming stay.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family