The Majestic Hotel
Arden House(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
US$96
US$87
The Welford Bed & Breakfast(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$80
The Grafton boutique B&B(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
US$91
US$88
Travelocity
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$99/night.

The Arc Hotel(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
US$94
US$78
Hotels.com
Studley Hotel and Orchid Restaurant(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
US$70
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$90/night.

Wynnstay House(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
US$100
Scotia House(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
US$87
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$101/night.

Harrogate Lifestyle Apartments(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
US$101
US$188
Savings alert! 41% below average rates

The price you found is 41% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$320/night.

3,477 results
All reviewspremium roomafternoon tealeisure facilitiesevening mealthree course mealrefurbished roompublic areaslarge hoteltown centrespa breakbit datedself serviceold buildinglots of choicebuffet styleone night staynight break
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Really lovely quick break, very friendly staff, good food. Nice pool and sauna, but jacuzzi was out of use for cleaning. The only downside was the mattress was too hard, but I guess that’s personal taste. All in all, an enjoyable break

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Dominic B, Guest Relations Manager at The Majestic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us here in Harrogate.
We strive for absolute excellence in all departments in the hotel and I am very grateful that this was received. I will pass on your kind words to the team which I am sure will be welcomed greatly.
I hope that we can welcome you back to Harrogate and to us here at The Majestic again soon.

Reviewed 30 March 2018

We were on a one night deal with meal. Service was excellent and we were allowed access to our room on arrival in the morning and late check out the following day. The evening meal was good as was the buffet breakfast and the dining area was spacious and splendid. Our room was spacious and clean and all in all had a really good break.

Reviewed 30 March 2018

This was bought as a birthday present & we were well & truly spoiled with an upgraded room, bottle of wine & birthday cake! Unbelievable service & highly recommended. This will be the first of many visits, can't wait to return

Reviewed 29 March 2018

The 4 star Majestic Hotel opened in 1900 and it looked it, tired, sad and dated. We were on the 4th floor (which was supposed to be undergoing refurbishment) but saw no signs of it except on the outside. Our room had wallpaper coming adrift at the seams, the kettle didn't fit onto the base unit and the cable was too short to reach the wall socket, the old fashioned cast-iron radiator had peeling paint & the thermostat was full of fluff and wouldn't turn fully off, there was paint flaking off the window frames, the actual windows could open far too far and small children could fall through or climb out if unattended, a wall light next to the bed was missing a bulb and would allow small fingers to touch the live contacts and the tv remote was held together with Sellotape - definitely not 4 star !
We had to pay £8 for parking in the more than ample car park and to be fair the website did say 'Parking' and not 'Free Parking'. The deal was for bed, breakfast and evening meal which is where the deal came into its own - the evening meal was superb (well done to the resident chef(s)). Apparently the kitchen was moved elsewhere so all items had to be brought from the temporary kitchen which probably explains why we had to wait so long.
Breakfast meant a long wait in a queue to be shown to a table by the maître d'hôtel who took it upon himself to explain how "there was a separate breakfast menu should you wish to use it or how you could avail yourself of the breakfast buffet and someone would be along shortly to take your order for tea or coffee" - hence the queue at the door ! So all in all it was a disappointment, perhaps you should wait till the hotel is fully refurbished before giving them the pleasure of your custom !

Room Tip: Avoid 4th and 5th floors at present.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brian A

Dear Guest

I have personally raised your comments to our in-house maintenance and housekeeping teams regarding the issues with your bedroom. This is not the standard that we wish our guests to experience and the teams will begin the necessary work on this bedroom immediately. I am sorry that these issues were not picked up sooner however I hope that I can assure you the necessary action will be taken to return this room to the standard that is both expected and promised from us.

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review.
I am truly disheartened to read that your stay was not one we can be proud of here at The Majestic.
We strive for absolute excellence in all departments of the hotel and I am extremely sorry that you did not experience this. I will highlight all your comments to our General Manager who will investigate these with the relevant Heads of Departments; implementing the corrective training where appropriate.
We take all our guests' feedback extremely seriously and will always endeavour to learn and improve from it where we can.
I hope that in the future you will allow us another chance to showcase the hotel to the standard that I know we operate at on a daily basis.

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

After reading reviews was not looking forward to our visit here
However the staff were all very pleasant, we had a 3 course evening meal that was very nice hot and served with no waiting had no complaints at all with the restaurant
The building is magnificent but if they are only getting poor reviews how are they going to get the income to upkeep the place
They are obviously trying to update and renovate it
Our room was large and my only complaint was the bathroom yes it was tired but it should have been clean and the grout was disgusting which in my opinion there was no need for they just need to jump on the cleaners and check the rooms better than is done at present
Overall I would stay again and hope for a cleaner bathroom