“Genuinely delicious takeaway”

Cuisines: Indian, Malaysian, Thai, Guatemalan, Bangladeshi, Sri Lankan
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 4 March 2021

Forget those sloppy, samey sauces from lesser establishments - the food from Balti King tastes as though someone has cooked it from scratch, with love. Every dish is fresh and distinct, and there are heaps of vegan options.

The only reason I haven't given it five stars is that a couple of times we have ordered, they have missed off minor items such as samosas and poppadums. It's still our number one favourite. In fact, I am feeling hungry right now...

Date of visit: January 2021
Write a reviewReviews (144)

Reviewed 2 August 2020

This place has the best vegan options! The Vickhen is the best meat substitute I have ever tasted, they even naan bread options. I can not recommend this place enough, one of the best Indian meals I have ever had. 10/10

Date of visit: August 2020
2  Thank 134rosss
Reviewed 19 February 2020

Extremely terrible customer service and rude service. DO NOT ORDER FROM BALTI KING. It is not worth it at all. Food id barely eatable as well.

Date of visit: February 2020
Reviewed 17 February 2020

Have been getting takeaways from this place for several years now and the quality is always great and good value and tasty and a family treat.

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed 23 December 2019

Have had food from here before and it has been okay. In fact I loved the vegan masala with “vicken”. However tonight has changed my mind and I never want to go back there again. My food arrived after over an hours wait (which was fine) but I ordered vegan pakoras and my partner ordered chicken pakoras, they came un-labelled and both were chicken (they looked exactly the same and my partner said they tasted exactly the same). We were missing our rice that we had ordered - he said that we didn’t order it and then when he realised we had he told us we were lying and that they had cooked it. My partners paneer looked disgusting and had a very strong smell to the point he did not want to eat it. We asked for a refund and they told us to take it up with just eat.

Just eat aren’t able to refund us until our order is complete, I believe they are delaying the process (by not completing the order) on purpose. I don’t ever leave bad reviews as I’ve worked in the hospitality trade and understand how much pressure it puts you under to lose ratings but please.. if you’re vegan, or have good taste in food.. do NOT order from here. I spent £42 and got nothing but bad food, missing orders and awful customer service.

Date of visit: December 2019