“Lunch”

Ranked #71 of 629 Restaurants in Derby
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Visited the joiners arms with my partner and her aged mother. Found a table and I went to the bar to order food and drinks. Fifteen minutes later no drinks or food on order, table not cleared from previous guests. Bar staff appeared to be over stretched in there work, I thought if this takes this long to order food and drinks how long will it be for food to arrive. Decided to leave and I think we'll never return and not recommended this place to family and friends. It spoilt our day big-time.

1  Thank Peter W

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Visited on a very busy day as it was the first nice sunny day this spring. Nice meal and reasonable choice on the menu although at 1.15 pm there was already no Sunday roast left. Because it was so busy it was very noisy and the service was rather slow.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Came here with my boyfriend a few weeks ago as we had heard good reviews- safe to say we loved it! I had the trio of mini burgers and the were To die for.. as was my Malibu cocktail! we will definitely be visiting again soon x

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Popped in for lunch, wife had teryaki Beef salad which was fantastically presented and she ate every scrap! I had cod sandwich was equally as gorgeous. Great food, great setting and Ambience.
However....
Having read the other reviews on here before deciding to write I have to agree ref: the staff, they are lacking in any personal skills, have little charisma and just dont seem to have that Buzz about working in one of Derbys top Gastro Pubs.
Sorry but the service absolutely lets this amazing place down

1  Thank Juno1976
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Had a lovely family Sunday lunch here with fourteen of us, to celebrate a wedding anniversary and birthday. The food was delicious and the service was excellent. Nothing was too much trouble. Thoroughly recommend the place.

1  Thank Moira S