The Crown Inn
  • Pool
US$58
  • Breakfast included
US$105
Jurys Inn Swindon(Swindon)(Great Value!)
US$53
US$49
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
US$52
US$48
DoubleTree by Hilton Swindon(Swindon)(Great Value!)
US$65
  • Restaurant
US$153
US$138
The Harrow Inn(Wanborough)
US$70
Premier Inn Swindon Central Hotel(Swindon)(Great Value!)
Orbitz.com
US$61
PremierInn.com
All reviewsmixed grillthe pubweekend staybooked a tablecooked breakfastsunday lunchan evening mealplenty of parkingtwo nightsshamepint
Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

Ate here recently and tried the doorstop BBQ steak sandwich for the first time.
Customer service and food presentation I can't fault but the food itself .... well unfortunately I had to leave most of it.

Hardly any steak in the sandwich itself and the bread was a pile of mush due to the overloading of BBQ sauce (I assume that's what it was) and mayo?
Absolute shame as the bread looked deliciously fresh but I ended up scraping out the very few bits of steak and leaving the bread which was 50% of the meal.

Second bad meal I've had here now so unfortunately I'll be looking elsewhere in future until food quality improves.

On a positive, as mentioned above, the customer service was lovely and extremely friendly. Greeted as you walk in and also when you leave.

Stayed: August 2017
Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

Disgusting place! When i finally got my food after a very long wait it was overcooked and dry and the cutlery was dirty just like the floor. Gross! When i mentioned to one of the managers that my food wasn't nice (not trying to get something free just to let them know) she was rude and became salty with my table the rest of the night always looking over with an ugly grimace like a pathetic child sulking, which made me feel uncomfortable the whole night. All the rest of the bar staff seemed to do was chat to other staff members or to regulars which was why we had a manager being our server. We were sat in the closest table to the kitchen and all we could hear was swearing and shouting which i dont think is acceptable at all! Overall just not a very nice atmosphere or attitude from staff. Will not be going there ever again and will make sure to tell my family and friends to avoid this appalling establishment to!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Janice S
Reviewed 9 July 2017

Just went for a meal and a pint, excellent food, didn't have to wait long to be served, nice atmosphere and polite staff. We have had Sunday lunch here, would recommend this pub any day........brilliant.

Room Tip: have not stayed
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

Great food great pub! One of my favourite places to eat in Swindon.
They also hold quiz nights.
I would always recommend booking as it's such a popular place to eat.
They also have accommodation on the premises if you needed anywhere to stay!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

Had an hour for lunch, however having ordered took over 30 minutes to arrive which meant lunch was rushed and not enjoyable. When it did arrive it was tasty hot and hit the mark. Hate to moan, but it was lunch??

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business