“An ok restaurant”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We decided on an evening out and as we had a voucher for this restaurant we decided to visit.

The food was good, but the service was slow. We waited for a good 5 minutes before anyone appeared to take us to a table and that was the theme of the evening.

We were given menus and then waited for our order to be taken. We finished our main course and waited for our plates to be taken away and the dessert menu.

This will not be my first choice for a visit again!!!!

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Called in here as we normally find an early breakfast at the restaurants attached to Premier Inns when travelling around the country on a regular basis and have always enjoyed the full breakfast option. That was our first mistake, we should have found one with Harvester, Chef & Brewer or any other than a Beefeater.

We were greeted eventually at the table with dismay because I didn't want sausages with mine but asked if I could have a fried slice. The waitress replied 'No, the Chef doesn't do it, he doesn't have a frying pan now. It's all part of the rationale, but you wouldn't understand that'. OK so we asked what she meant and again was told, 'you wouldn't understand that'.
Neither of us were happy and felt that was an insult.
When the breakfasts came my Husband was still eating his cereal and mine was missing the black pudding. Both were only just warm and eventually I managed to get the attention of the waitress and pointed out the missing black pudding to which she replied 'Hmph, I'll fetch some'. No apology or anything.

When she brought it out she plonked it down with a 'Did you want one bit or two?' despite there only being one bit on the plate.

By then we'd both lost the will to live as well as our appetite for being treated in this way.

Never again will we assume any brand of Premier Inn attached restaurant is as good as the next and will never use a Beefeater again.

Reviewed 30 March 2018

The Rib Eye at 18.99 was a little smaller than expected but tasty and comes with unlimited chips..Ribs looked good and so did the Chicken Paprika, with no complaints from my guests I can only rate this as a good experience. As good if not better than a harvester or hungry horse. Not that I have been to one in ages :)

Reviewed 27 March 2018

Visit here weekly and have yet to be disappointed with either the meals or the very friendly and helpful staff. I feel a special word of thanks needs to be given to our Host (Kellan); our Server (Sally) and our Chef for the evening (Dean). Each in their own way made our visit most enjoyable.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

We were shown to our table by a charming young man Keiian and looked after by our favourite waitress Erica... Erica is happy, friendly, polite and attentive and always makes us feel very welcome... she served us with a very enjoyable meal cooked by Gareth... compliments to the chef!! lol...