“Easter ”
Review of Wonderland

Wonderland
Ranked #25 of 53 things to do in Telford
More attraction details
Owner description: Discover the Magical World of Wonderland where you'll find your favourite fairytale characters and their houses around every corner. Find your way around the Wonderland Maze and enjoy free rides and our indoor soft play. A great day out for prebooked groups of Mums and Toddlers, School Groups, Guide Associations and Holiday Clubs.Visit our Winter Wonderland event this year to visit Santa and receive your present in his beautiful snow-capped log cabin set in our Wonderful Christmas Village.Bookings only!
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My daughter enjoyed the visit today which we felt was reasonable value for money however I am perplexed as to why us adults are charged the extortionate amount of entrance fee when there is nothing for adults to do except accompany the children plus the only thing we could of done - crazy golf was not in operation was in fact in a very sorry state

2  Thank Zoe W

Dear Zoe W,

Thank you for your comments.

We are very glad to hear that your daughter enjoyed our park, this is lovely to hear. Wonderland does charge adults to enter, similarly to all other theme parks/farms/attractions across the UK. We do have a lovely woodland walk for the adults to enjoy and a maze which many adults enter alone into the park to explore, you can also use three of our rides with the children should you wish! We are sorry you felt this was not suitable for your family.

Our Crazy Golf is currently undergoing a big refurbishment as the bad weather affected it quite badly, hopefully if you were to visit again in the summer months you will be able to enjoy this part of our park. Apologies that this was not running on the day of your visit.

Kindest Regards,

in 7 reviews
"soft play"
in 26 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Reminds me of a run down theme park from the 1980's Soviet bloc. Clearly, adequate investment here is virtually non existent, almost zero.

That, during Easter, it still says "Christmas" at the entrance to the Easter trail, demonstrates how little the owners / management care.

Please either make some, even small, investment, or do the decent thing and close the gates for good.

In its favour, my young children enjoy the place, but at their ages they can't see the cracks. For this reason, I have to give the place some credit.

2  Thank nikonfe2

Dear nikonfe2,

Thank you for your review.

We are a little confused with your explanation of our park but I will still try to solve your issues for you to the best of my ability. We are a woodland nursery rhyme children's park which attracts children from the ages of 2-8 years of ages with the focus on Alice in Wonderland, regular investment is made into our park yet we are family run and therefore a large budget which many corporate theme parks would have is not the same with us. We aim to be a traditional park which takes children back to the vintage nursery rhyme feeling whilst incorporating some modern areas of children's characters etc.

Wonderland is host to a 'Winter Wonderland' section of the park all year round which changes decoration throughout the year to reflect the season, our Easter Houses are located in the Winter Wonderland section of the park so you may see some permanent structures surrounding this area to reflect the 'Christmas' area but will predominantly be Easter decorations on the time of your visit. Many people do not notice this as they understand that this is a permanent section of our park and the location for our highly popular Winter Wonderland event throughout November/December and we make the effort to change it depending on the event. Please note that management certainly cares about our park.

Thank you for pointing out that your young children enjoyed their visit to our park as surly this was the goal of your family day out. We are very glad that we allowed them to have an enjoyable day with us.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We visited Wonderland today and I have to agree with the many reviews which outline the poor condition that the park is in. It is certainly in need of some TLC but this isn't something that children notice, only us adults! There isn't much to see and do there as the grounds are quite small, but we found it the perfect size for our children who are 20 months, 4 and 6. I definitely wouldn't recommend it for children past the age of 8 as they're likely to be too tall for the rides and would probably generally be bored.

The wait time in the castle cafe was horrendous but I found the staff to be pleasant, despite what others have said. There needs to be a board/menu somewhere visible (e.g. A chalkboard on the back wall behind the staff or a chalk board easel before you get to the till) as I had no idea what food was on offer other than the sandwiches and cakes I could see. It wasn't until I'd paid and walked away that I saw a board on the right hand side of the wall, i.e. The opposite side to where everybody was queuing.

The ground is very uneven with tons of huge potholes and there are some very steep slopes. I struggled to get the pram around so I wouldn't say that it's ideal for wheelchair users, although I did see a few people in wheelchairs today so hopefully they didn't struggle too much to get around and enjoyed their day.

Parking wasn't an issue at all for us; we arrived at 10.30 and parked in the car park right by the entrance! £3.50 to park there all day so can't complain. I have no idea how full the car park gets though as we arrived just as the park was opening.

Overall, the children had a fantastic time, the staff were very friendly and were great with the kids, the rides were enjoyable... We will be returning next year for another wander around Wonderland :)

Dear Girly-Girl1988,

Thank you for your review. We are so happy to hear that you had a positive experience with us.

Wonderland will try to move the location of our chalk board menu in the Castle which is located to the right of the counter for our customers to see, or we will duplicate our menu so all customers can see. We did have a slightly longer wait time than usual due to it being Bank Holiday weekend, we will aim to open more catering outlets this year during the busy periods to try and avoid longer wait times from happening again.

We are so glad to hear that our staff were lovely and friendly with you. We look forward to welcoming your family back to our park in the near future.

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

Day out with my two year old. Agree with everyone else the place is very run down, toilets were disgusting. Lovely setting, lovely grounds, some good ideas and it could be really good, it's a shame. The rides are in serious need of painting and refurb felt like I was in a derelict theme park. My daughter didn't see that and loved the rides and had a great day. I was concerned about safety on the rides they look so old, belts don't work and staff weren't paying attention to be fair they all looked very young. The soft play area is a health and safety risk, it was filthy, unstaffed, had big kids throwing balls at little kids, floor duct taped down!

2  Thank amiep46

Dear Amiep46,

Thank you for your comments.

I would like to take this time to address the comments you have made regarding our park. We send our apologies that you were not happy with your visit.

1) Wonderland does hire a cleaner to keep on top of our toilets, I am sure you can imagine that with such a young age of customers that sometimes our toilets can become a little messy. We will pass on your comments and potentially change our half hour toilet checks to a shorter time during very busy days to avoid this happening again.

2) Our rides are checked daily and all relevant health and safety checks are conducted prior to opening. We would never run a ride if we did not feel they were safe. Should you have raised any of your 'concerns' with us on the day then we would have been more than happy to clarify this to you personally. Our staff are all trained before operating a ride and a maintenance team is employed daily to check the rides.

3) Our Soft Play Area has just had a full refurbishment, all pads have been replaced, and new balls have been purchased for the area. Our play area is also sprayed with antibacterial spray daily over all pads. We do rely on customers to control their own children, therefore staff will only intervene if an issue is bought to us by a customer. Wonderland's staff are not there to control other peoples children, this is the responsibility of their parent. We apologise that you felt this was not up to standard for you.

See more reviews
Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

I visited Wonderland Telford with my four children in February half term. There were no entry prices on the gate so I blindly paid what I was told without being given a receipt. All children were given wristbands, except 2 of them could not go on the rides (one couldn’t go on unaided and we were not told that adults could not go on with them, the other was slightly too tall so there was nothing he could do!)

The rides were shoddy, the whole place is peeling away, there needs to be some serious reinvestment in this attraction. Footpaths were muddy and unkempt, we came away absolutely filthy and our pushchair was trashed. The fairy tale themed attractions were dirty, you can barely see into them. The whole place seemed like Banksy’s dream.

I emailed my concerns to the management - I had no response whatsoever. Not even an acknowledgement of my email. A few days later a sponsored advertisement popped onto my Facebook feed, so I posted my concerns on there (both positive and negative points about the park). My feedback was constructive and I offered suggestions. I also left this in the form of a review on their facebook. Both were very quickly deleted and I have now been blocked from making any further comments on their Facebook.

This is OUTRAGEOUS customer service. Never had anything like this before. To blatantly ignore an email from a customer who spent a good whack of money on entry to the attraction - and then to delete any form of negative feedback....just ridiculous.

Wonderland Telford - you need to review how you manage your attraction. Reinvestment into the upkeep of the property and maybe some customer service training wouldn’t go amiss!

Despicable service - I will never return and I will urge family and friends to avoid you.
Had you responded to my email like a reputable business then negative feedback could have been addressed. You have shown me you care only for your customers money and not for their opinions and enjoyment.

3  Thank cakeyface2015

Dear Cakeyface2015,

Thank you for your review.

I would like to take this time to address some of the issues you have raised regarding your visit.

1) Our entrance prices were taken down as we were offering a cheaper entrance at that time of year due to the weather. Our admission staff are located on arrival to the park and were there to inform our customers of the entrance price. The prices were also listed on our website. We have since returned our entrance price boards so this problem is no longer outstanding. We apologise that you felt this affected your visit.

2) We have a height restriction for our rides of 4ft displayed on arrival to the park, something which customers are therefore aware of before they pay to enter. Children who are too little are able to use three of our seven rides when accompanied with an adult, the children who are too little are usually under 2 and free to enter. Adults can also sit on three of our rides (tea cups, carousel and caterpillar ride) which would have been the case for your older child too. We must have a height restriction on our rides as they are made for children between the ages of 2-8 as indicated on all literature/website/facebook.

3) We are very sorry that we did not get back to you quickly regarding your reviews, sometimes we do have a short delay on email responses as we get many emails daily with customer questions etc. Wonderland would always ask our customers to ask to speak to us on the day of their visit if they have a problem so we are able to personally rectify this. Alternatively they are able to call us so we can speak to you personally to solve your problems.

4) Wonderland will delete certain comments from our paid advertisements as we do not feel this is a correct way to make a complaint, we understand you felt you had tried other avenues to speak to us but unfortunately we do stand by our decision to remove comments of this nature on adverts that we pay a lot for. We only block/remove customers who we feel are making no constructive comments and who are making comments that can be detrimental to our company. We apologise that you feel our customer service was not up to standard but we were only a phone call away from helping you with your issues.

Our management and staff have the upmost respect for our customers and it deeply saddens us to think that you believe this due to a delay in response to an email you sent. We shall work on responding a little quicker to complaint emails and in the mean time we urge any customers to speak to us personally on the day or over the phone so we can rectify your issues nice and quickly.