“Lovely time”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Went for a meal for our daughter birthday. Food was great and very busy, but you could still have a conversation. Staff are very professional. Have been a few times now and so far everything was great. Gets busy in the nice weather so book a table.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,345)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Late lunch on Easter Sunday after a walk around the woods to build up an appetite. Had Christmas lunch here for 10 last year so knew it would be good.

Greeting at the bar was good and we were directed to our table in the conservatory. The service from then was non existent. The prices have been raised significantly, Charcuterie platter just under £19, good taste but not worth the price. When asking for extra toast the look was one of surprise.

Main courses were served on warm plates so hence warm food. Partners Yorkshire pudding was inedible as it must have sat under the hot lights for most of the service, roast potatoes were more crisp than potato and the mash accompanying the pie was like warm.

Whilst this was upsetting the final straw was the waiter/asst manager who proceeded to talk at the top of his voice throughout the whole time we were there. There was no thought to others having a meal instead he stormed back and forth telling two young waiters what to do and then stood by the till telling all when he finished and what he was going to do later. When waiting staff ask if you are enjoying your meal you would at least expect them to wait for the reply, not this waiter as he asked the question whilst walking past and on to the next.

The bill was paid whilst his attention was on some friends at another table. Not even a thank you or goodbye. Customer service was absent from the whole visit, we were treated as cattle, in, fed, out.

Brunning and Price may be struggling as a business but this kind of guest treatment is not going to improve the situation.

2  Thank RobertBird001
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Drove from Norwich to pick up our rescue dog springer, so wanted a dog friendly pub, so what a great surprise lovely setting super staff and tasty steak sandwiches. Pubs can be hit and miss, but this one is right up there.
Dog treats provided. Very worth while.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

First visit with friends who live locally,as you drive over the bridge you catch sight of the Woodbridge..sitting on the banks of the river.It is in an idyllic spot and I will have to return in summer to sit outside. The staff were warm and welcoming as is the interior of the pub,log fires and lots of little nooks to sit and have a quiet drink and a natter. The pub is large and the tables well spaced so you dont feel encroached upon by fellow diners. The menu has a nice selection of pub classics with a gourmet twist,a light bite selection and a couple of lovely options for me as a non meat eater. Service was efficient,food good quality,tasty and beautifully presented. We had a great experience at the Woodbridge ..would recommend !

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I suggested the Woodbridge to a friend for Friday lunchtime catch up and I am very glad I did. I have been here a few times and have never been disappointed. Once again we received the friendly reception we have come to expect as well as the patient table service (we had a lot to catch up on). Mindful of my ever expanding waistline I opted for the tempura prawns for a starter and the smoked mackerel salad for my main. The starter was huge: a mound of beautiful salad with a wonderfully warming chilli sauce at the bottom. Delicious. The smoked mackerel salad was even bigger, with perfectly cooked potatoes around the edge of the plate. Equally delicious. Maybe you don't want to overdo it on salad but I thoroughly enjoyed it. I cannot recommend The Woodbridge more highly: the scenery is wonderful - sit outside if you can; the service is friendly and efficient and the food is to did for. Very highly recommended

1  Thank Bhanudhir