“Wonderful Sea Bass”

La Brasserie at the Sofitel London Gatwick
Reserve with OpenTable
La Brasserie at the Sofitel London Gatwick is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 271 Restaurants in Crawley
Price range: US$11 - US$42
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 6 January 2016 via mobile

I came here for dinner with my partner and we skipped starters because the prices are rather high. I had the sea bass which was delicious. Nobody comes for the atmosphere, but actually it was very pleasant and the service was excellent.

Reviewed 6 January 2016 via mobile

A return visit for us, normal great standards maintained as you would expect from this two rosette restaurant. Good wine recommendation, ignore the cost factor. Everything is made in house, you get what you pay for. We look forward to returning next time we are flying.

Sofitel_LGW, General Manager at La Brasserie at the Sofitel London Gatwick, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2016

Bonjour RichyL82,

Thank you for your feedback, I am pleased to hear you had a great experience, we look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind regards,

James Berry

Reviewed 6 January 2016 via mobile

Well, well - who would have thought that one of the best meals and dining experiences we've ever had
(anywhere) would have be in a hotel at Gatwick Airport!
On a layover at the Sofitel, whilst en route to Barbados from the frozen (now known as soggy) north of England, we decided to take the lazy option and eat in La Brasserie (only 4 floors down from our hotel room).
It was simply superb - from the initial warm welcome and on going service by Kurup (very personable waiter) to the fine wines and food served - it was par excellence.
I really wished we lived in the beautiful south, then we didn't need an excuse to visit Gatwick and dine at La Brasserie. If you live local to Gatwick - get yourself to the La Brasserie

Bonjour DGK1661,

Thank you for your post, I totally agree there is no comparison between Gatwick and Barbados, but I hear they are getting better...

I will be pleased to pass on your feedback to Kurup, the Chef and the teams, we are very proud of our two rosette Brasserie and we are thrilled you had a fantastic experience.

All the best and see you again soon,

James Berry

Reviewed 5 January 2016 via mobile

I have eaten here several times and it's not cheap but the food is excellent and the staff accommodating. The setting is quite nice too. This time I had sea bass and whilst absolutely gorgeous, it came on a wooden board and everything kept falling on the table. Our waiter did kindly provide a sensible plate on request but really this should be reconsidered for rice and salad! Also, we were not given the bill to check before payment was taken which was uncomfortable. Fortunately being a mathematical genius ;) I had added it up and worked out that a 'discretionary' tip had already been included so we didn't leave one. All in all would recommend as a treat.

Reviewed 30 December 2015

We've eathe here several times over the last few years and often been a little disappointed, but not this time. Accor seem to have been working hard to serve food worthy of a French hotel group and judging by our last experiebnce they've achieved it. The menu was smart bistro cuisine, artfully presented and importantly cooked with flair and full of the flavour which we've found lacking in the past. My dish was delicious with a rich bone marrow and wine sauce. My wife who's vegetarian wasn't short of choice either. It was helped by some friendly and unofficious service. We'll be back for certain, and not just because we happen to be at the airport.