“Birthday lunch”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

Welcomed with smiles... left smiling.

Food was fantastic especially the ribs thw sauce is immense.

All the kids enjoyed the food and service was professional and very well received.

Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

As a birthday surprise my boyfriend booked a table here for us! The staff were great and friendly and the venue is lovely. The food was also amazing we had pizza and steak! Will definitely be back. Also an extra special quality of this place was brining the birthday cake to me and singing happy Birthday around the table! Thanks guys!

1  Thank Smg2904
Reviewed 3 September 2017

The interesting thing about Ciao Napoli is that even though I'd seen it in the Top 10 restaurants within Bolton here on TripAdvisor, I'd never really heard anyone talk about it, and couldn't really place in my head whereabouts it was in Bolton Town Centre. Upon seeking it out, it seems that it's because it's pretty much tucked away down a back street near St Andrew's Court, and is pretty unremarkable on the outside, but the outside isn't why you come to a restaurant is it?

So once you find the place and go inside, it's actually quite pleasant. It's a simple modern restaurant in one large dining room with floor to ceiling mirrors on one side to reflect the light from the windows and increase the illusion of more space, and it works well.

Staff are friendly and welcoming, and seat us straight away, informing us of the specials, and giving us the lunch and main menus, which are extensive and very reasonably priced.

As we're only popping in for lunch, we decide on a couple of Italian staples, the spaghetti carbonara and the lasagna al forno, but as we ordered, the waiter asked if we'd like a garlic bread to start... and we can't turn down garlic bread very easily!

The restaurant was quiet as we waited for our food, but before long a business group turned up for lunch too, so even though it's out of the way, it's still certainly popular and well known, but I'd love to encourage more of the general public to give it a try, because I'm sure a lot of them don't know it's there! I didn't!

The garlic bread arrived, and was on a perfect dough base, and although it wasn't strong, the garlic flavour was very pleasant. Not long after, our mains arrived.

The lasagna was still bubbling away cheerfully, having just come straight out of the oven, and the spaghetti looked wonderfully fresh, and not just a plate of goop as so many Italian restaurants seem to go for.

The lasagna was delicious and full of flavour, as well as rich and comforting. The spaghetti was perfectly cooked, and wasn't just a bowl full of cream, which can taste quite claggy in the mouth, but instead the spaghetti was the feature, not the cream. It was very tasty, the bacon too was good, and the cream although not overpowering was excellent. The touch of optional parmesan and black pepper on top worked well, the black pepper almost seeming to make the dish a bit fruity. Superb.

Also despite the appearance, the spaghetti was extremely filling, meaning I had no room for a dessert, but my partner fancied trying the custard pastry dessert called mille foglie, and would seem to be the same as the French word mille-feuille, meaning "thousand leaves" referring to the pastry layers. It was served with cream and a surprisingly high quality toffee or caramel sauce, and was served chilled. It was thoroughly delicious!

So yeah, it may be tucked away, and it may not be expensive or extensively themed, but that is of no bearing to the quality and value of this superb hidden gem of an Italian restaurant, and I can understand completely why it's ranked so high in its reviews, and why it's so praised by those who know it. However, I feel more people should know about it, it's great! Ciao, Napoli! Buonissimo!

2  Thank Adcro
Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

Three of us have been many times the food is always very nice we would recommend anyone to try our friend that's never been was very impressed

Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

The staff make you very welcome very friendly
The food is great well cooked alway very hot
The menu is very good