“Nah don't do it nasty in everyway”

Giraffe - Basingstoke
Ranked #174 of 265 Restaurants in Basingstoke
Price range: US$1 - US$66
Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Freshly cooked food for everyone served to the sound of great music - guaranteed to make you feel good!
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

What have they done dumbed down what used to be a reasonably good resturant Whoever dreamed up these changes should be sacked pronto. Let me give you a hint the secret to a good resturant is good food and service in clean pleasant suroundings They have gone out of their way to do exactly the opposite here They do away with the at table service which means you have to queue to order your meal I saw 2 others walk out getting sick of waiting Queue for drinks Queue again to order dessert Nah next you will have me cooking my own food ? Which probably would have been a good idea coz I can cook better than the idiots they have cooking there unless you like under cooked fries over cooked burger pattie that was as dry as a dead dingo"s what's its I wondered why the smoothie was so cheap coz its tiny like the burger but I didn't care coz it was all horible Find sum pride treat your customers with some dignity and respect. They have a unisex toilets with separate cubicles for men and women Nasty little boxes that smell of urine on the seats etc Just what you need to boost your appeite NOT England has some of the worst resturants in the world Giraffe Basingstoke is in a frantic race to the bottom well done I will not be back ever

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Having read some of the reviews on here I was dubious to say the least so I was pleasantly surprised to have such a great breakfast experience this morning! Staff were friendly, service was quick, self service worked fine with no queues and the drinks machine worked perfectly. Best of all the breakfast was absolutely delicious. My friend and I both had the scrambled egg & smoked salmon bagel and my little boy had the kids’ toast and we all polished the lot off. Yum!

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

We waited over 20 minutes,in a noisy & chaotic atmosphere, for our food which was not particularly palatable. The olives had been forgotten. Refunded OK. But will not visit a Giraffe again.

1  Thank SelkieD
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We used to go here reasonably regularly and liked the menu which offers more choice than other places. It was always great for a family meal out.

They’ve changed it to self service which is terrible when you have young children. It now means you had to queue forever at the bar to order your food, then queue at the drinks machines, then queue for dessert (if using the ice cream machines.)

Queuing multiple times with young children is not what you want when you go out for a meal.

The staff were running around like crazy and it was impossible to get anybody. There was no cutlery on any tables, it was like going to a diner in a theme park.

The music was incredibly loud, there was no point even trying to have a conversation. We are as quickly as we could just to get out of there, it was stressful for everybody!

Won’t be going back, any of the other restaurants that surround it will be a better choice!

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Disappointing brunch!
For a birthday brunch with my family, we had a few issues here.
Firstly we ordered smoothies of which they had one as the others had not been delivered.
Opted for the limitless hot drinks but I went for a tea and a coffee and both times the machine that makes them broke.
Then my brunch arrived, with fried eggs, I could immediately tell many of the items had been sat around for a while, the eggs were solid, the beans had that film across them, and me and my step son had genuine trouble cutting the sausage!
I did bring this to the attention of the manager who mumbled sorry but offered nothing further and as you pay before you order there was nothing more to do but leave and remember not to return here.
Shame because the main menu “spicy rice bowl” is one of my favourite meals anywhere!

For a £10+ breakfast, I expected it to be cooked fresh, and not worse than I’ve had in a cheap hotel.