“Lovely!”

Melis Turkish Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 539 Restaurants in Milton Keynes
Price range: US$27 - US$34
Description: We specialize in Turkish and Mediterranean food. Also, we specialize in mixed hot and cold Meze, grilled fish, and Turkish pizza. We also have special Turkish Nights, Arabic Nights, belly dancing and live music & entertainment. Independent restaurant, not a chain.
Reviewed 31 January 2017

Keen to find a new Turkish restaurant after our local one increased its prices and compromised on the quantity and quality of their food, we thought we would try Melis for a special evening out. We were delighted that we have found our new favourite restaurant albeit out of Northampton where we live.

The food was beautiful. Plentiful, the grilled meat was cooked to perfection.

The staff were polite and happy to assist. Nothing was too much trouble.

The restaurant has live music and dancing which really adds to the atmosphere. I will remember upon booking next time to request a table downstairs as the small upper- floor mezzanine where we were sat became a little stuffy after a while but that's only the one minor gripe I had. Definitely will be attending soon........pronto. Mmmmmmmm

1  Thank Laura R
There are newer reviews for Melis Turkish Restaurant

Reviewed 29 January 2017 via mobile

The food was excellent and the service, the best we've ever seen with Waiter Mario. Very impressive how attentive he was and even took our orders without writing them down and regularly checking we were ok.

The hot meze was very delicious and the mains were generous portions, hot and fresh ingredients.

Would definitely recommend the restaurant and will be coming back soon.

2  Thank Anouska G
Reviewed 29 January 2017 via mobile

The set menu provides a TON of different things to sample under £20 per person. The grilled lamb pieces had to be the best part of the menu by far!

The restaurant did have a guitar player on Saturday night and it was loud and busy... but the food was top notch.

Perhaps it would be better for a quiet meal together on another night.

2  Thank George S
Reviewed 28 January 2017

I ate here at the beginning of December 2016 with my friend & her mother. This was my first time here, although my friend had visited several times before. From start to finish everything was lovely. Our waiter - Ozzie, was great & very hospitable, I cannot fault Melis & I'm intending to make a reservation for March. This is certainly a favourite place of mine to take friends & family when they're in town. The food was well seasoned, not too heavy & the tea was lovely.

2  Thank H20178
Reviewed 22 January 2017 via mobile

Ate here on a Friday night, cannot fault the atmosphere and the work rate/general demeanour of the staff.

They ran around making sure everyone got their food in good time and constantly checked in to make sure you were satisfied, brought over more bread and of course danced round the restaurant.

Unfortunately the food just wasn't really that great, no real strong flavours or memorable dishes, most of our group ate from the Chef Recommendations but it was all a bit bland.

If I ate here again I'd probably opt for something from the grilled section as I doubt that can go too wrong.