“Disappointing Birthday treat”

Marco Pierre White Steakhouse Bar and Grill Milton Keynes
Ranked #80 of 622 Restaurants in Milton Keynes
Price range: US$12 - US$40
Description: The restaurant is situated within the fantastic Stadium MK. The steakhouse is renowned for its quality steaks; The finest sirloin, rib-eye and fillets cooked perfectly to your liking. The menu also centres on some of Marco’s classic British and French dishes. Marco's also offers a seasonal Afternoon Tea which includes a delicious array of traditional sweet and savoury delights.
Reviewed 12 October 2021 via mobile

Sunday lunch was a disappointment, after hearing great things, and never been before i expected more than a basic Sunday roast. It arrived Luke warm, vegetables followed after longer than preferable wait. Meat quality was tasteless and very cheap quality. Desert menu again very basic nothing exceptional not even specials of the day. Staff was excellent. I could not mention anything as it was a Birthday treat and didn’t want to embarrass my friend.

Date of visit: October 2021
Write a reviewReviews (639)

Reviewed 9 October 2021 via mobile

We went along on a Saturday afternoon, luckily there wasn't a football match on so parking was no problem as the place is at the back of MK Dons Stadium. The Afternoon Tea cost £25 pp and was really delicious. What made it was the lovely staff Charlotte, Oli & Balazs who couldn't do enough for us. They even posed for a photo for me (bless them ). Would I recommend it, definitely

1  Thank Skyepj
Reviewed 8 October 2021

We went for our 6th Anniversary. Staff were super friendly. Kristin was our waitress and she was fab. Very attentive and friendly. They made the night extra special with a couple of free drinks and a dessert piece.

Date of visit: September 2021
Reviewed 5 October 2021

The restaurant did not have the wine we were after, I had the Colonel Burger, at £17.oo this was expenses, it came with cheese and onion rings plus fries.
I was so disappointed, the onion rings were huge, and my first bite was a mouth full of grease, the burger was tasteless and the fries, had no taste what so ever, this stopped me from eaten the burger.
We had bread with salted butter while we were waiting for the meal, that tasted like cardboard. I have eaten many a time at Marco Pierre Whites, and enjoyed our meals, but this one I felt cheated, the bill was just over £90.

Reviewed 29 September 2021

The restaurant entrance was clearly marked, but the automatic doors didn't open. There were people in yellow vests shuffling around inside, but it looked closed. Before giving up we asked at the hotel. They assured us the restaurant was open. After circuiting the stadium again we were let in by security people. We had to ask where the restaurant was as it wasn't obvious. I don't know who's fault it was that we were late; the restaurant staff or security.

It's a clean, modern, restaurant. Very comfortable. It was only 6pm, but I expected more people as there was a football match at 7.45. The restaurant needs people to give it atmosphere.

My pet hate: piped pop music.

Service was a bit slow considering it was almost empty when we arrived. My wife's chicken in mushroom sauce, and my ribeye, were first class.

No option to pay with cash, 10% tip was automatic.

We didn't have time for desserts as we were attending the football. It's a nice restaurant, but the overall service was like MK Dons, decent, but not Premier League. The food was excellent so we'll return.

Date of visit: September 2021
1  Thank Pubcat

Travellers who viewed Marco Pierre White Steakhouse Bar and Grill Milton Keynes also viewed

Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire

Been to Marco Pierre White Steakhouse Bar and Grill Milton Keynes? Share your experiences!