“Great day out”
Review of Bletchley Park

Bletchley Park
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Bletchley Park, Home of the WW2 Codebreakers, was once Britain's best kept secret and is now a vibrant heritage attraction open daily to visitors to learn how the Codebreakers' breath-taking achievements helped shorten WW2 by up to two years.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I live very close to bletchley park and like most people who live locally to attractions don't visit them but I decided to give it a go and could kick myself for not visiting sooner I was there for almost 3 hours such an amazing place in beautiful tranquil surroundings I was impressed I came away feeling I had a satisfying day out totally fulfilled and so glad I do live locally and will now visit more regularly as the ticket allows you to return anytime throughout the 12 months

1  Thank mcguigancatherine
Write a ReviewReviews (5,861)
All reviews
in 124 reviews
"men and women"
in 91 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This once secret home to some of the brightest minds and innovative engineers to make numbers work for the war effort. Breaking the complex daily secret codes of war to help us shorten WWII is a must for anyone. The audio tour is a great asset to understand the operations of this wonderfully complex process and how it gathered and used vital information to save thousands of those at war.
The guided tours take an hour and are presented by cheerful and knowledgable volunteers.

1  Thank Noddy62
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I’ve looked forward to doing this for years and was not disappointed. What an amazing place, can’t wait to come back and see the parts we didn’t fit in in the 5 hours we had. A real piece of living history. Thank you

2  Thank Sam F
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This has been on our to-do list for a really long time and it didn't disappoint after all the anticipation!
Initially we were bit concerned that the venue was far too busy, as the initial bit of the museum just after the ticket desk was a bit chaotic, however when we moved out into the main bit of the park it was much better.
We would strongly recommend booking onto a complementary tour as soon as you get there. Our guide for the hour tour, Michael Kushner, was absolutely brilliant and really captured the spirit of the place. We also picked up a set of headphones and an audio guide for after the tour, and these were incredible well presented and useful.
There is a huge amount of stuff to get round so definitely allow yourself a whole day to walk around and take it all. Whilst I cannot pretend I know understand the engineering of the machines (I wish I did!) I now have a great understanding of how it all came to be and what a huge part of history it was. An incredible piece of world history for us all to explore at a very reasonable price.
It was also fantastic to hear that women were such a large part of the work force there! Go the girls!

1  Thank HungryPanda27
See more reviews
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is a fascinating place showing another side of a war. The park and huts are much as they were on the exterior. Interiors have been recreated or have exhibits explaining just how these hero's helped the war effort.
Included in the price of admission is a free tour for an hour and audio headset. You don't need both. The huts also have lots of explanations on the displays.
We spent 4 hours plus lunch in one of the 2 cafes and did not feel that we had seen everything. I guess that is why one entry ticket lasts for a year as a second visit is needed. I will go back as they are adding more all the time.

1  Thank kjjess0p