“Family meal ”

Efes Restaurant
Ranked #53 of 117 Restaurants in Dartford

We visited Efes as a party of 11

We were seated quickly

We were served dips and fresh bread with a mixed salad which was fresh an very tasty.

The mains were brought out quickly and were all fresh and very tasty .

The service was friendly .

There is a 10% service charge

I will be visiting again .

Very nice 1st experience

1  Thank Craig B

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We went one week after it opened so I will always give somewhere the benefit of the doubt so soon after opening.

First off, it’s great to see another new restaurant opening in Dartford. Efes already have other restaurants in London’s East End so I feel flattered that they’ve chosen Dartford to open their first out of town place.

The decor is lovely, they’ve spent some serious cash to reinvent the old Paper Moon pub. But all of that work is let down by cheap looking menus with photos of the food. Seriously?

Our food was delicious, the mixed doner was beautifully cooked and used proper lamb (not kebab shop rubbish) and we all enjoyed our meals.

But.....the atmosphere felt quite frenetic, more like a fast food place than somewhere to enjoy a relaxed meal with friends.

The staff were efficient but not overly friendly and as others have said, it all feels a bit rushed.

I will return and try it again, but I think Sedir restaurant has vastly better service (although I think the food in Efes just nudges it)

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Dinner started off nice starter came good size portion but put off by being constantly harassed by the old guy with nothing better to do than interrupt people.
Main course came out chicken was really dry and very salty
Then completely put off as I watched the chef wipe the surfaces down left the cloth on the side only to put a cooked kebab on top off it
Then put that kebab on a plate for a poor customer to eat
Well didn’t eat any more food
Trip not helped only being able to pay cash

1  Thank milly090478
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Recently visited on 17/03/18.
I was looking forward to visiting the new restaurant and once inside you could sense a lot of thought had gone in to the décor. There was a good vibrancy and the place was full.
The service was somewhat sluggish with food orders being requested prior drinks, staff unable to explain what certain dips were with the bread and forgetting the salad which should have accompanied the main meals.
The lamb shish was very nice but the chicken I found over done and slightly salty.
As a 1st impression this wasn't great but it was only a week after opening so I'm sure over time things will improve.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We decided on our way back from London to try the new restaurant Efes .a turkish Restaurant in Dartford.It was 6.30 on a thursday night ,The restaurant was very modern looking and a large amount of staff .I was asked on entering if we had a reservation (which we didn't )as the place was nearly full .I said we hadn't a few moments later the head waiter came and said he had a table but only for 1 Hour .I said that was ok if we could get the food quick enough we would eat,
we sat at a table near the grill which was very warm and were given bread and salad which was nicely presented ,the warm bread was delicious .I opted for the mixed kebab and my wife had chicken yogurt as we didn't have time for a starter .
The mixed kebab was very tasty with chicken Lamb and mince kebab with rice ,
the chicken yogurt had tasty chicken but the yogurt seem to overpower the dish and it turned into more of a soup .having said that the portions were excellent .the staff in general were attentive and the price was very reasonable,the only thing i would fault would be that they did not take cards and it was cah only .I presume that as the restaurant had just opened this would be quickly rectified ,
We will visit again as there is a varied menu that needs to be tried including starters and a varied looking sweet selection

Been to Efes Restaurant? Share your experiences!