“Great value fast roast & fab service.”

Toby Carvery Aldenham
Ranked #67 of 282 Restaurants in Watford
Price range: US$5 - US$11
Cuisines: British, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Welcome to the Toby Carvery Aldenham. When it comes to roast dinners, we really know our stuff. Every day our chefs lay on a feast of tender, hand-carved meats with all the trimmings - including towering Yorkshire puds, golden roasties with all those lovely little crunchy bits, and plenty of freshly prepared veg, all crowned with proper gravy. So it's no wonder we're Watford's favourite carvery restaurant. Drop by and you'll find lots more on offer, including cooked breakfasts and tasty specials.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

After reading the reviews we were not expecting huge things. Friends had suggested meeting here so we obliqued.

We were greeted immediately by a waiter & seated in a busy restaurant. The turkey was good & huge portions. The Yorkshire puds were huge & probably made earlier in the week. Th3 potatoes were crispy & all warm. For a fiver we thought it was great fast food akin to a McDonald’s. Great choice of condiments & sides.

Oh and the service was phenomenal - Friendly banter regular checkbacks & nothing was a bother.

Did a mention it was a fiver- amazing value.

General Manager A, Manager at Toby Carvery Aldenham, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Fineliving, thank you for your kind words and this wonderful review! We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 20 March 2018

It has been many many years since I had a Toby Carvery, so I decided to pay a visit to this venue.

Plentiful amount of parking, and the location has both a large bar area and impressively sizeable dining area. Staff were highly affable and fastidious.

I opted for the Vegetarian option - a Portobello Mushroom tart, with access to the roast accompaniments - leeks, peas, carrots, parsnips and cauliflower cheese were excellent; the Yorkshire was very good, but the roast potatoes were truly phenomenal - possibly the best I've had for several decades! Perfection!

General Manager A, Manager at Toby Carvery Aldenham, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2018

Mike_oxehard, we are so happy to read such a great review about Toby Carvery Aldenham!

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Quantity of meat was appalling as it would not fill a sandwich even after asking for more.
I asked for more beef and got a lecture from the chef/server about the quantity he is allowed to give everyone.
Selection of veg was poor

1  Thank LaurenceCope
General Manager A, Owner at Toby Carvery Aldenham, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2018

Laurencecope, thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. We regret that you had a negative experience, and will use this as an opportunity to improve. When you have an opportunity, please reach out to us at 01923 225826 so we can try to restore your confidence in our business. Thank you again for taking the time to reach out to us, and we hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

Not sure where to start.. Yorkshire puddings should be quality not quantity, huge, dry and inedible. Fatty meat, over cooked veg. I shudder just driving past. Avoid.

1  Thank Siobhan C
General Manager A, Manager at Toby Carvery Aldenham, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

Siobhan C, we regret to hear that you had a negative experience with us, but would appreciate the chance to turn your experience around. If you are willing to give us another chance, please reach out to us at 01923 225826 to speak to our manager directly.

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

I was always a bit of a snob when it came to the Toby Carvery. I visited maybe twice in the last 10 years and was always put off with the clientele, a couple dining together but the both asleep. Family loudly arguing with each other over the dinner table.
I have been back twice in the last month and the food is really good. Such great value too.
Decor could be updated but I am paying for food, I can ignore the wallpaper when feasting my eyes on my super tasty roast.
Big improvement and food is scrumptious

General Manager A, Manager at Toby Carvery Aldenham, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2018

Hi Charlotte M, thank you so much for your positive comments about Toby Carvery Aldenham! We hope to see you soon!