“Business Lunch”

Longfellows Restaurant
Ranked #36 of 322 Restaurants in Solihull
Price range: US$27 - US$40
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Friendly and intimate family run restaurant. Innovative English based cuisine prepared by chef/proprietor Doug Long. Changes to menu daily.Beautiful garden area for alfresco dining. Early evening and lunch Prix Fixe menu available. Open for Sunday lunch. Only 5 minutes away from Birmingham NEC, Genting Arena,Birmingham Airport and Rail station. Parking available.
Reviewed 4 August 2017

We enjoyed a lovely lunch, beautifully presented and most delicious. We particularly enjoyed the setting, plenty of room and bright/cheerful.

Reviewed 1 August 2017

Family 80th birthday celebration. Friendly welcome, sat outside in a relaxed back garden and enjoyed pre meal drinks. Service was very good, friendly staff and excellent food. Comfortable surroundings and would strongly recommend this restaurant. Thank you for an enjoyable celebration

1  Thank Julie C
Reviewed 29 July 2017

When we came for lunch, we were the only people dining, so there was a slight lack of ambience, which was a shame because Longfellows is beautifully decorated and needed a bit of buzz. The upside was that we had individual attention!

We chose from the fixed price menu. Three of the four main courses were not suitable for for the gluten-free one of us, the fourth had been changed for something else that was also not gluten-free, but substitutions of items were made (at no extra charge) to make the meal gluten-free.

The food was excellent. Both starters (baked garlic mushrooms topped with Cheddar and pan-fried black pudding with a cider cream sauce) were delicious and generously proportioned. For mains we both had the prime Scotch beefburger (the one suitably adapted) - again delicious, hot and well presented. Service was excellent.

Sadly we were too full for desserts, but at £11.95 for two courses, £14.95 for three courses, this represents excellent value

Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

Out with family for my Dads retirement.

The surrounding are lovely, staff very friendly and attentive. Although maybe a little keen to clear the table, started clearing the table while I was still eating the cheese board!

It is expensive and the food maybe not to everyone's taste. But if you don't mind paying slightly more for excellent, tasty well cooked and presented food, you won't go wrong.

Definitely I'll be returning.

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend had booked via the longfellows website for a table for 2 at 20:30, when we arrived at the restaurant, we was greeted by an elderly waitress, who looked at us as though we had just interrupted a private party. She asked ' can I help you ' to which we replied that we had a table booked for 20:30. We was told that we didn't have a table booked, we told the lady we had an email to confirm this, and she then said 'have you booked online, I've been down here since half 5 so I won't have gotten that booking, but fortunately for you, we have a spare table' like she was doing us a favour. From then on she treated us like we were homeless people in off the street! When taking our order the rude waitress asked if I would like fries or potatoes with my steak, I said I would just like mixed veg as I wouldn't eat potatoes or fries, she then replied 'I said what do you want fries or potatoes' in a snotty manor. She asked if we wanted a drink half way through the meal and when my girlfriend said yes, she acted as though it was a hard task. Throughout the meal whenever she spoke to us she had a sour look on her face and a rude tone in her voice, not sure if this is her face naturally or not but when working with members of the public she should really work on that.

On the plus side other waitresses were polite and friendly.