“Not good value for money”

Brockholes Nature Reserve
Ranked #9 of 44 things to do in Preston
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Brockholes is a new kind of nature reserve, an unreserved reserve. Everyone is welcome at Brockholes, whether you're a naturalist or a beginner, we have something for you to enjoy and lots of chances for you to get close to nature! On the site of an old quarry, the Lancashire Wildlife Trust have used their expertise to create habitats for lots of different wildlife. You can take a stroll by the River Ribble, explore our woods or enjoy the lakes on site, which have all been specially designed to attract all kinds of wildlife for you to see! Our spectacular floating Visitor Village means that you are as close to nature as possible providing stunning views across the lake. You can also discover our interactive Welcome Centre and learn all about the wildlife that you could see on-site, discover the exciting play area and explore our network of walks and trails (including shorter ones for little legs). Please note that our Visitor Village is closed on a Monday & Tuesday from Nov to March.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Lovely place, an oasis just off the motorway. I used to visit a lot when my eldest was a toddler, and the parking was a reasonable price. However I have not been back for about 4 years due to the increase in parking price. There are many places I can walk and park for free. Returned today for the promise of crafts activities and dressing up, paying £5 in need advance. Realised I had to pay £5 for parking as well. The crafts turned out to be a chicken mask and scratch picture and took about 15 minutes! Had a nice walk and play after lunch, would love to go again and again but at £5 a time simply can't afford. I know many people who would love to go but parking too expensive. I am sure more people would go more often if it cost less. Shame.

1  Thank Karen B
Write a ReviewReviews (1,328)
All reviews
in 49 reviews
"all ages"
in 51 reviews

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Great place! Great for kids! Staff fantastic! Great for bike access and great kids area. Yeah you got to pay £5 to park but definitely worth it, kids are outdoors and you’d pay a lot more to go in some noisy busy play centre!! And NO DOGS !! Which means No stepping in dog pooh !!

1  Thank JumboMills-Craney
Reviewed 31 March 2018

A lovely visit as always. Came with 3 other friends and their children. Although cold children loved outdoor play area.......always a hit. Had a nice short walk along river. Food in cafe great. Never fails to please

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Reviewed 28 March 2018

Lovely local Nature Reserve, lots to see & do, the children love it here, we took a picnic but there is food available to buy aswell as hot drinks & ice creams!!

See more reviews
Reviewed 21 March 2018

This one is unbelievable. I have just received a Final Demand from Some organisation "Park with Ease" (a Misnomer I guess) threatening legal action if I don't hand over £50 parking charge. The date of the offence? 30th October 2014- Yes 2014!!!!!
Fortunately my trusty Outlook archive shows my invite to a corporate event at Brockholes complete with instruction on entering a code into the pay machine to apply free parking for the event. Needless to say I will be ignoring this blackmail but also Brockholes until such time as they show this cowboy company the door, given the amount of scams they seem to be running.

7  Thank David P