“All that glitters is not gold ”
Review of Cock & Bottle

Cock & Bottle
Ranked #120 of 589 Restaurants in Preston
Cuisines: British
Description: The Cock & Bottle has just reopened its doors after a £1m refurbishment by Fayre Inns & Thwaites. It has been transformed into a stylish family pub & dining venue that seats over 200 people inside along with over 150 seats outside. The brand new menu includes classic pub dishes with a twist along with a great range of Chargrilled steaks including the 'Tarelton Tomahawk for Two'. The menu also includes a variety of 'Tasters' if you just fancy a nibble & a sandwich menu for a quick lunch. In the garden is a permanent bouncy castle for the kids (for when the weather allows).
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Along with my wife and adult son we had Sunday lunch at this restaurant today. With it being Bank Holiday Sunday, I pre booked a table by phone. However when we arrived although our reservation was confirmed and there were empty tables all round. It took several attempts for the waitress to find a table for us. Presumably due to the fact that it was Easter, nearly all the female staff where wearing bunny ears. Unfortunately I don’t think some of the staff thought this was a great idea and we could certainly sympathise with them. The waitress taking our order was far from a happy bunny. The drinks arrived almost immediately and the food followed soon after. I had the Sunday roast beef, my wife had the Cumberland sausage, both of them where well presented very tasty & wholesome. My adult son had the gammon steak. This meal was neither well presented or wholesome quite disappointing. We decided we would have another round of drinks & a dessert. Unfortunately although there appeared to be staff in abundance, 45 minutes after finishing our meal & drinks no one came to see if our meals had been ok. No one came to see if we would like another drink or a dessert. The annoying thing was watching lots of young staff laughing and joking. I don’t blame the staff for this but the management. One would suggest that if you are going to spend lots of money refurbishing the restaurant & turning out quality food, that you might spend some time training your young staff. On the whole disappointing. A real shame.

2  Thank david d

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

My local pub! Big improvement in environment and food and beer quality. Tarleton Tickler Bitter really good which as it was named after my suggestion I was particularly pleased with!

Reviewed 23 March 2018

Have been twice after the refurbishment, the cock and bottle is now a warm very welcoming place to dine , love the wood burning stoves , the staff are very helpful and make you feel as if you are the only people they are looking after. we went for an evening meal, I had a pint of Wainwrights and my wife had one of the gin cocktails as we waited to order our food . My wife says she isn't keen on the large glasses used with all the ice and having the tonic poured in for her (shed rather add her own tonic and only have two ice cubes), but that's personal preference.. I ordered the chiken kiev and my wife ordered the chicken curry, both were beautifully presented and done to perfection .

1  Thank eurotravellerPreston
Reviewed 20 March 2018

atmosphere is lovely although to be perfectly honest as nice as the singer was at 6pm on a sunday evening (and he was very good).it was a little loud. I am glad I wasn't sitting in the room he was singing in especially if I wanted to have a conversation.
the waiting on staff were very good very efficient and very well dressed.
the food I had a steak and ale pie which was very nice pastry a bit thick for me but the contents were very nice lean and nicely cooked. My husband had the brisket of beef which was cooked to perfection.
would we go back? with out a doubt looking forward to trying the rest of the menu out

Reviewed 5 March 2018

The food is slightly dearer than most pubs but is a cut above - all freshly made and delicious! The place is stunning and has friendly staff too. Would definitely recommend