Holiday Inn Lancaster
    US$228
    US$223
    Priceline
    1,164 results
    All reviewstwo double bedshealth clubswimming poollake districtleisure facilitiesgood sizebuffet breakfastevening mealroom was largeroad noiseplenty of parkinglong journeythe ground floorfamily roomsteam roomstayed for one nightbrewers fayre
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed 3 nights in March for work. Friendly staff. Stayed on third floor. Nice room, spacious, no bath but large shower. Water pressure pulses which makes the shower interesting. Breakfast fine. Don't agree with signing up to APNR scheme as a guest. I have no contract with holiday inn on this. Give me a car sticker instead. Air con in room is useless. Self closing doors slam heavily. Ok but nothing special.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
    IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Lancaster, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Hello Hill_family_uk,

Thank your for letting us be your home here in Lancaster and for sharing your experience. I'm happy to fill your senses starting from our great smiles and warm hospitality, to our nice and spacious rooms, and our signature Express Start Breakfast. These are among the reasons why we exist and I'm glad these have reflected on your stay.

We endeavor to provide our guests with great experiences to remember of us. On this visit, I am sorry to make you uneasy with the shower, air conditioning, and the noise created by the doors. Don't worry, I took all the necessary actions to make sure this has reached our hotel management for review and evaluation. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us. I look forward to your next visit and I'm positive to make it better.

Best regards,

Frank A.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Be sure you put your cars registration in the machine at reception or you will get a HUGE bill when you get home..
    breakfast was ok, nothing to write home about,
    does allow pets which is a good thing for me,

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo

Hi Carolyn R,

My name is Anthony and I thank you for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to see your high rating with regards to the service you received from our staff. On the other hand, I am sorry you were not satisfied with our parking fees and I am also sorry that you were not well satisfied with your overall stay with us. We highly value views, opinions and feedback from our guests, as this allows us to constantly improve the service we provide.

Anthony M

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

A strange mixture. Excellent room and beds. Friendly helpful staff. But seriously odd dining. Awful cafeteria style room and woefully over priced food. £20 for the worst rump steak one can imagine and even more for a dribble of pepper sauce. And what would you expect from an exciting tiramisu with plums and shortbread ? Sounded really innovative. Instead it was a glass of tirawhatsit with half a plum on a biscuit beside it. Tastefully sprinkled with icing sugar ? Masterchef, it is not. Breakfast seemed to please the clientele better but £15 for coffee and a baby croissant was not exactly vfm.

Room Tip: Sound proofing on windows not high quality so avoid road facing rooms.
    • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
    Review collected in partnership with this hotel
    1  Thank drd1934

Hi drd1934,

Thank you for your stay and for taking the time to share your experience with us. It is great to see the high rating you gave to our staff service, cleanliness, and location.

I am sorry to learn that your stay would have been perfect had it not been for your restaurant experience and for that, we offer our apologies. We will definitely share your comment with management to help us improve our services and to continue delivering a good stay experience.

We value you as our guest and hope you will still choose to stay with us the next time you are in Lancaster.

Regards,

Christian C.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Used to think of Holiday Inn as a fairly higher end chain - not now. This one just looks like an HI Express with horrible unattractive open plan public areas including the bar and restaurant.
    And what's with those totally useless tiny bedside shelves instead of a bedside cabinet? Absolutely bonkers - no room for even a book on such a tiny space.
    Useful only as a one night stopover to break a lengthy journey due to being right alongside the M6, otherwise would not use again.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

Hello glentyan,

Thank you for sharing your experience and for staying with us in this business trip to Lancaster. On this visit, I'm sorry to fall short of your expectations with our hotel lay-out, and the in-room furniture present. We do the best we can go beyond the standards set by Holiday Inn in serving its guests but I felt that you were dissatisfied. Amidst the setbacks, I'm glad to note the satisfactory rating you placed towards our service and in giving you a comfortable night sleep.

Don't worry, I made it sure your review won't be left unnoticed. I had shared this with our management team for review and will be carefully considered should there be plans for future renovations. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us. I hope to get a second chance of catering to your lodging needs and I am positive to serve you better.

Best regards,

Frank A.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed at this holiday for 5 days while studying at university. The rooms are lovely and spacious, have everything you require (except hand wash & coat hangers which I thought was odd, but maybe it’s just me). They also have a pool, sauna, steam room, jacuzzi & gym perfect for people like me, who needed to kill some time! They seem to be very well looked after, if I lived around here I would be asking about a membership! All in all, a lovely stay! Very quiet, couldn’t hear other guests except people passing in the corridor which is normal. Very happy!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo