See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I stopped at Lancaster Town House for about 3 weeks whilst awaiting completion on a house purchase. The rooms are spotlessly clean with a great breakfast. Margaret, the owner is a lovely lady who will go out of her way to help you. Superb value for money.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank don c
Reviewed 17 September 2012 via mobile

I turned up here quite late after a nightmare somewhere else and Margaret was vert accommodating. The breakfast was fab and I felt very looked after! The only thing I could fault is the location but I had my car so it wasn't bad for me, a great little B&B!

• Stayed: September 2012
3  Thank HunkyDory73
Reviewed 8 May 2012

couldn,t fault this b+b,margaret is most inviting and informative.the room was immaculate and comfortable.the road outside is busy ,but having a room at the back made a difference.the breakfast was perfect with plenty of choice and choosing the night before was no problem to us as it was ready at the time we chose.a pleasant 15 min walk along the canal brought us into the city centre with a wide choice of shops,resteraunts and pubs.all in all a very enjoyable weekend away.we never had any problems with the water and the shower was fine.

Room Tip: ask for a back room when booking
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ged
Reviewed 6 August 2007

We stayed at Lancaster Town House, a small B&B, while attending our daughter's graduation at the University. The main problem with this B&B was the showers – on the two mornings we were there, we couldn’t have a shower before breakfast because the water pressure was too low - to make it worse, the shower came on for just long enough to make us wet, and then cut off! When we mentioned this to the proprietor, she told us that this was due to the generally low water pressure in the area, and there was nothing that could be done about it, but we have stayed in several B&Bs in this area, our daughter has lived in Lancaster for three years, and we have never had this problem before.

The rooms were clean and the beds comfortable; we had a double and a twin room, the twin was quite large, but the double was extremely small, it would have been a good sized single. On the second day we were there we didn't leave until 11am, partly due to the difficulty with the showers – we had to have showers after breakfast, when the demand had reduced! - and when we got back that evening the room hadn't been cleaned, it seems we 'missed our slot' by going out late!

Breakfast was OK, had to be ordered the night before - not a problem, but as the dining room wasn't big enough for everyone to eat at the same time there were two sittings - 7.30 and 8.30 on weekdays, 8 & 9 at weekends. Time slots had to be booked the night before and if your required slot was booked, you had no option but to take the alternative sitting. I guess it might have been more flexible if there were less people staying.

The location is good for the centre of Lancaster, about a mile away. The B&B is on a busy road so there is a lot of traffic noise, the rooms at the back are quiet at the weekend but there is a large industrial estate at the back so during the week there are a lot of lorries coming and going in the early hours.

The price was reasonable - £50 for a double including breakfast, £55 for a twin. I suppose it was worth what we paid, but I’d have paid more to have a shower that worked. A huge disadvantage in my opinion. It’s fair enough having set times for breakfast but one expects to have a shower on demand!

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family