“Lovely breakfast”

Sun, 01/08
20:00
Ranked #217 of 2,505 Restaurants in Manchester
Reviewed 2 June 2021

Booked this as a special treat whilst visiting Manchester. Was very hard to find but that can't be blamed on them (it was the silly maps on our phone that kept sending us around in circles!). The decor inside was lovely, very quirky and this was complemented by the uniforms that the staff wore. The gentleman serving us was lovely and made us feel very welcome and special.
The food was delicious, I had the Eggs Benedict and it was so tasty.
The waiter knew it was my daughters birthday celebration and at the end of her meal presented her with a delicious mini patisserie cake which was a lovely touch.
The only reason that it wasn't a five star review was that the service was a little slow, orders were taken quickly but then took a little longer than expected to arrive, especially the drinks.

1  Thank MrsB0303
Write a reviewReviews (1,722)

Reviewed 31 May 2021 via mobile

Great visit - cannot fault the food, ambiance and the waiting on staff deserved more of a tip than I could afford. Nothing bad to say about anything other than the dark haired girl on the front downstairs reception desk on Sunday 30 May 2021 following our meal at 1:00pm. She was obviously a jobsworth / computer says no - girl. We finally bypassed her and spoke to the Manager who agreed that we could go up to the rooftop bar following our meal as there was plenty of space.
So don't be put off by the hard faced - - - - -. and her attitude - as she should not be front of house.

Reviewed 31 May 2021

Attended with my boyfriend who had booked it for a romantic surprise.

We arrived slightly early and were told, curtly, we had to wait to go in-totally fine but a little sharp from the outset. The doorman also asked if we’d booked a drinks table or a food table, before saying all tables were food tables-which felt weird-was he trying to catch us out?

The doormen were entirely enamoured with the table of six girls who were in front of us-so much so that when our table was available first they practically barked us to the front, took us to the life and muttered that we had to go to the third floor and turn left. Not a good start.

We then got up to the third floor and it was far too warm and the vibe was so weird-house music blasting felt like a weird choice with such a formalistic menu. Perhaps it should have had drinks only tables-would have suited the vibe better

The drinks were fine, the bartenders were nice and the food was okay but the start of the night massively dented our vibe and I would personally not return of my own volition.

2  Thank joefF7647CO
Reviewed 30 May 2021 via mobile

We booked 3 afternoon teas at the ivy for an extra special 90 th birthday for my aunt .
The interior was gorgeous however I was so disappointed with the first part of the afternoon tea, 3 very tiny sandwich’s 2 of which were dried up and looked totally unappetising followed by 2 also dried up scones & clotted cream that had been left uncovered for quite a while,
The deserts were quite imaginative based on an English rose garden so better on that score , how would I rate the afternoon tea compared to others ,sadly totally disappointing

Reviewed 30 May 2021 via mobile

We visited here last night. It was our 4th visit to the Brassiere, obviously other times have been good or we wouldn’t have returned. On entering the restaurant it was packed and my first thought was that the bookings hadn’t been staggered well and hoped it wouldn’t effect the night. We were seated at our table and waited a while for them to bring the menus and drinks list. Once the drinks were ordered we waited half an hour before the drinks arrived at the table, by this time we’d been in the restaurant 45 minutes. After another wait we ordered our food and 25 minutes later the starters came. I was so disappointed with the pate, on the menu it states Duck liver and mandarin parfait. I would have expected it to be homemade but it wasn’t, it was like a whipped shop duck and pork fat Brussels pate that was quenelled into a half ball and covered with a mandarin gelatine, I know this because unlike the chef , I actually make my own pates and that was definitely not homemade with duck livers. The other starters were good. The mains came after a short wait and we ordered more wine before the mains came. My food was cold, so was taken back to the kitchen, while everyone else started their food. The wine came after a while and my plate was returned, a little warmer but absolutely not hot, the plate was warmer than the food, very disappointing. All in all I think that after lockdown I m not sure if the chef has lost their way regarding homemade pate, it’s so easy to make and the food was probably sitting on the pass in the kitchen for far too long as it was so packed, and so the staggering of bookings becomes more relevant to kitchen and waiting staff and bar service being able to cope with demand. From being seated at our table and getting our starters it was an hour and 40 minutes so you judge for yourself, but I would say that’s poor. On our booking it actually stated the table was for an hour and a half so if that time frame been stuck to we wouldn’t even of had any starters!!! Management get a grip, and chef(s) at £8.50 for pate it really should be homemade, there’s no excuse for buying in and all the food that should be hot should be just that. At a little under £400 for our bill for 4 adults I expect better of everything. Not sure if there will be a 5th visit, in some ways it depends on the restaurants response, but if they don’t want to address the above there are a lot of great restaurants in Manchester now so we can spend our money in other places.