“Amazing ”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Chorlton
Reviewed 7 March 2017 via mobile

This is one of our favourites! We haven't been for a while loved the new bento boxes! It's a must to try steamed dumplings they are the best in Manchester.

Reviewed 2 March 2017

Good food, never disappointed.
Service needs to be improved on busy nights, but otherwise it's fine.
The bento tray is nothing special, I could do without.
Prices should be a bit lower in my opinion.
I think there is potential for 5 stars, just a few adjustments to make in terms of menu, prices and organisation.

Reviewed 7 February 2017

Visiting family in Manchester last Sunday and went for a great lunch at Yaki Soba. We had a Gyosa sharing platter to start then 4 different Bento Box meals. The menu was extensive and I could have chosen at least 8-10 of the main courses quite happily. After deliberation I went for the Mongolia Lamb in spices which was plentiful and delicious. My wife had the marinated duck. Service was good and everything at a reasonable price. I shall be returning to Yaki Soba definitely

Reviewed 12 January 2017

Takeaway order

Our starters (Chicken Gyoza and Beef & Spring Onion Dumplings) were amazing. Couldn't fault them.

Oh no, but then we began on our main dishes! I had Chicken Noodle Soup and my husband had Malay Style King Prawns with Thai Jasmine Rice.

Mine: just tasted of salt. And so much of it! Huge portion that was inedible as I could feel my organs shriveling with each spoonful.

Husband's: over-powered with lemon and bitter taste. Rice was completely unseasoned.

This is the third time we've ordered from here and been disappointed (apart from the starters which are always on point). We wont be giving it a fourth try. We really want to love you, Yakisoba! Your starters are so good but the mains have failed us too many times.

Katie L, Manager at Yaki Soba, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2017

Very concerned after reading your review and thank you for letting us know about your experiences. We are very sorry that you did not enjoy your mains, so firstly please accept our apology. We would like to invite you back for a complimentary meal for you and your husband. Hopefully I can update you with what we've been doing to ensure that this will not happen again. Feel free to give us a call and quote your name so I can arrange this for you. We want you to love Yakisoba too!
Regards
Management

Reviewed 12 January 2017

This was our second visit, having been to the sister Restaurant The Rice Bowl on Cross Street Manchester. I cannot fault it. The service is excellent. The food is amazing. The only complaint we could have is that the portions are HUGE. But you can ask for a carry out and have it for lunch the next day.