US$143
  • Free Internet
US$183
US$152
  • Restaurant
Ibis Manchester Centre Portland Street(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$156
  • Restaurant
The Pendulum Hotel(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$149
US$98
Priceline
1,880 results
All reviewslovely hotelportland streetcity centrestreet noisenespresso machineq parkcooked breakfastgreat central locationcomfy bedafternoon teasaturday nightlovely roomexecutive roomwould stay againbreakfast was excellentreception staffa lovely stay
Reviewed 17 May 2011

Lovely hotel, within walking distance of the Northern Quarter for shopping, Chinatown across the road but not intrusive. Considering in city centre room nice and quiet. Breakfast very nice, stayed mid-week and not too busy but didn't feel empty. We used our tesco vouchers so was great value! Recommended.

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed 9 May 2011

Clean room, excellent beakfast , very comfortable bed, great location, friendly staff. Only quibble and a small one was the bathroom was too poorly lit to put makeup on. The bathroom itself was very nice as were the toiletries.

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed 8 May 2011

Stayed last week for one night - £85. Terrific value. Recently refurbed rooms. Great location, friendly staff and great breakfast.

Actually a far better place to stay than the big McDonalds at Piccadilly.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Eddie O
Reviewed 7 May 2011

I stayed here last week after reading glowing reviews on this website. I was pretty disappointed.

My room was right beside the lift, (I asked to move, but to no avail) so was very noisy, leading to a very average night's sleep. The room was also freezing, even when I turned the air con up (the was also an electric oil heater in the room, which I thought was very unusual and I eventually had to use). The room was also overlooked by an office which I only realised this after an hour of slouching about in my underwear.

There was no information on the telephone for an outside line/ reception/ calling other rooms, so I had to guess (not exactly 4 star attention to detail...). The toilet bowl was also full of toilet paper when I lifted the lid. I flushed immediately as I really didn't want to know what was underneath.

I also thought the hotel had as much character as a multi story car park.

On the plus side, i thought the staff were genuinely friendly and the breakfast was good. The bed was also very comfortable.

I got a special offer of GBP85 for the night, but it is usually circa 130, which I would consider very bad value.

I stay in Manchester 5/6 times a year and usually stay in a hotel very close to this one. I won't be staying in the Macdonald Townhouse again.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 May 2011

This hotel is beautifully presented and ideally located for shopping and exploring in Manchester. We booked a Spring Deal and got dinner included. We ate in the Brasserie Restaurant and the food was perfect, good menu and amazing flavours. The cocktails were also very good!
We ended up in a suite, 211, a room i would recommend and request when we stay there again. One of the best nights sleep ever.
Breakfast had everything we wanted and more.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple