US$88
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$105/night.

US$119
US$72
Hotels.com
  • Pool
US$45
US$42
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$58/night.

US$72
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$86/night.

US$33
  • Free Internet
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$43/night.

US$101
US$76
US$70
HIExpress.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$78/night.

US$100
US$83
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$97/night.

Ibis Manchester Centre Portland Street(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$56
US$53
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$69/night.

1,861 results
All reviewslovely hotelportland streetcity centrestreet noisenespresso machineq parkbusy roadcooked breakfastafternoon teacomfy bedgreat central locationsaturday nightexecutive roomlovely roomwould stay againbreakfast was excellentreception staff
Reviewed 12 September 2012

I stayed here for three nights in late August on business. I checked in around 9pm on a Tuesday. Business travellers please note that they want you to present the credit card the hotel was booked under, even if prepaid in advance. This isn't the case in all hotels and as my manager had booked this room, there was a bit of hassle trying to sort this out, even after me supplying my own credit card for incidentals.

I left my baggage in the room and had a meal in the hotel restaurant. It was totally empty except for me. Service was slow enough however as the same man who was serving me also seemed to be in charge of room service so was hard to catch. I had pasta which was nice.

I went back up to the room and started unpacking but noticed there was noise coming from below the window. It sounded like a nightclub smoking area. People were yelling and shouting. I imagined this was only going to get louder as the evening went on so I immediately went downstairs and requested a room change. The man at the desk seemed to know all about this and I was moved straight away.

The first room had quite a modern bathroom but the second one (which was one floor up) was more traditional. Although the room was good overall, you could see some signs of age creeping in. The original room also had a chunk missing from the toilet seat which had been filled in with some plaster which didn't look so nice.

I did find the room lacking in light as there was no main ceiling light, just some wall ones. The bathroom was bright though. The bed was comfy and I slept well each night.

I noticed the toilet had a very light flush and I always had to flush it a few times just to get it clean. It was a bit annoying but I didn't want to mention it to the front desk as it's a bit embarrassing. The shower was an old fashioned shower inside a bath but it had good pressure and heat. I did notice one evening some one cleaning the room had moved the temperature on it from 38 to 50 which I found a little odd. The room was always cleaned nicely however.

The breakfast was often quite empty at 9am. The food was decent but the juices kept running out and one day the apple juice was put in the orange juice dispenser meaning there was orange pulp in the apple juice.

The internet connection was good and easy to log on to. One of the reasons I chose this hotel was the free internet.

I ate in the Indian restaurant across the road one night and found it was really good and very easy to get to of course! I also visited the Arndale Centre for shopping and the hotel itself was very near to Oxford St which I was visiting.

Overall I did enjoy my stay here although there were a few things which were a little anoying. I think I would stay at the Doubletree Hilton where I stayed before if returning to Manchester.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Rachie1234
Reviewed 9 September 2012 via mobile

Checked in at 2pm, reception very very friendly, asked if we wanted reservations booking anywhere, any taxis booking, very helpfull. We stayed in a standard room, on the second floor, it wasnt a huge room but it was clean, comfy and stylish. Bog standard free view TV but we didnt go to watch tv. The hotel is in a great location. The hotel is on a main road, so with our room being at the front, traffic noise was an issue but it didnt bother us. If you are bothered by road noise, ask for a room at the back/top of the hotel!!?? Check out was easy and uncomplicated. We would definatly return.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 4 September 2012

I booked this hotel direct for my girlfriend and I. I opted for a suite as they were not much more expensive that a standard room, with breakfast and prepaid in full. We arrived after check in and our room was not ready. Having waiting 5 minutes and still not being ready we were offered a complimentary drink at the bar, which we took full advantage of with a glass of champagne each. This more than made up for having to wait 15 minutes. Our room was brilliant. We had a large lounge with large sofa, table, huge tv with huge windows overlooking the street. We also had lots of tea/coffee/still and sparkling water. We also had a coffee machine. Down the hallway was our bedroom with a huge very comfy bed and another tv. The bathroom was also massive with separate bath/shower,his and hers sinks. The Room was very clean, spacious and the furniture was very nice and luxurious. Breakfast was nice, not amazing. Good selection of continental items, cereals, fruits, yogurts, danish pastries, juices. The full English was quite nice, small, poached egg tasted far much of vinegar and the black pudding was average. The hotel was in the perfect location. We went for a meal at Jamie Oliver's Italian and this was only a 10 minute walk away, along with many other restaurants and shops. The hotels car park (Qpark) indoor car park attached to Novotel (1 min walk) was very secure and the hotel validated your ticket on check out for 30% off. Car park is usually £19.50 for 24 hours. Overall great hotel, very clean and modern, staff we great and we would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Our suite was great. Room 311.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Stayed at this hotel recently whilst visting Manchester with my boyfriend for a birthday treat. We booked a suite and it was gorgeous the size of a small flat, fabulous super king bed, lovely modern decor, an enormous luxury bathroom with Jack and Jill sinks and great lounge area. We checked in around 2pm and I asked if we could have a a bottle of champagne on ice for us in our room to drink before we went out for the evening. When we got back at 6pm the champagne was nicely chilling in a bucket of ice there was also a little tray of chocolates with a Happy Birthday message pipped in chocolate so nice suprise. Had two cocktails in the bar before the front desk ordered us a taxi. The only negative was we expected breakfast to of been included in the rate but not so!, particulary with us booking a suite we declined to pay £17.95 each and gave it a miss!. However everything else was great and the hotel is so close to the train station, shops and Canal street it's quiet and feels a bit more exclusive than some of the other hotels with the Hens and Stags waiting outside heading home on the Sunday morning. It's a blink and miss it hotel with the entrance not being on Portland street but in a side street but we liked the fact it's a little hidden and will definately stay again

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Claire2771
Reviewed 3 September 2012

Hotel is located 10/15 minutes walk from Piccadilly Station in a great location for shopping and night life. Our bedroom was large with a massive, comfortable bed, digital radio, TV, tea & coffee making facilities, hair dryer and iron and our bathroom was equally large and modern with a separate bath and monsoon shower. Both rooms were immaculately clean however as others have mentioned you couldn't open the windows so no fresh air although there was air conditioning. The hotel's central location means there is a lot of noise from outside at night despite double glazing so if you want to sleep before 4am take some ear plugs! Noise within the hotel itself was non-existent - we didn't hear any other guests so sound proofing between rooms must be good. Staff were friendly and helpful, there was a nice atmosphere and the hotel had an upmarket feel to it. On the pricy side but a good place to stay in the centre of Manchester.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple