Ibis Styles Manchester Portland Street
US$209
US$177
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
All reviewscontinental breakfastquirky hotelportland streetpiccadilly gardensboiled eggsyogurtcold meatsrooms are smalliron and ironing boardhotel is centrally locatedpiccadilly stationwater pressurebudget hotelreception desktransport linkswould stay againcity centre
Reviewed 31 March 2018

Stayed here a couple of times on business trips to Manchester. Good hotel about 5 minutes walk from Piccadilly railway station. Good clean rooms, usual Ibis standard. Friendly staff. The weather symbols are a bit over the top! Breakfast buffet good.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Emad B, General Manager at Ibis Styles Manchester Portland Street, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Thank you for your review. The team here at the hotel appreciate you visiting back and as always would be delighted to welcome you back. We can't do much about the weather theme across the hotel as that makes us unique in the way we are.

Look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Ibis Styles Manchester is a fun looking, quirky and ‘instagram-able’ hotel. The staff are very friendly and well presented. The hotel is ideally suited for tourists visiting Manchester as its right at the heart of everything that’s going on. The cost of the room was £63 which seemed mid-range for hotels in the city centre.

On a slightly negative note the room was pretty small and the view from the window was some ugly vents and electrical equipment. We found the spare pillow was dirty. The room even though was booked for two only had one set of towels. The cleaners also walked in the room at 8:30am to clean it even though we had a do not disturb on the door.

Overall I don’t think it’s a bad hotel for young travellers. For me though the hotel didn’t do the basics right. I think as there are plenty of hotels in Manchester next time we’ll try our luck somewhere else.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear THOMAS

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I would like to discuss this in detail with yourself so we can ensure things change in future and we don't repeat the same behaviour if needed.

I would appreciate an email with the best contact details so that I can contact you with this. My email is ha0h5-gm@accor.com

Many thanks

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Nice central hotel nice bar adjacent to hotel which is busy and serves meals which are reasonable prices burgers looked mint can't comment on food never are there rooms are tidy nice shower bit on small side and our only complaint we be for £135 and being a yorkshireman not to serve a hot breakfast didn't go down well nice staff would I go back??

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Emad B, General Manager at Ibis Styles Manchester Portland Street, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

Dear Boxer1 ,

I am glad you enjoyed the stay with us and take your points on board. Ibis Styles as a brand serves only continental menu in all its hotels which is complimentary to all our guests staying with us

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel

A quick tip would be the earlier you book the best rate you shall get with us , and book on flexible rate so can be cancelled till the day of arrival if something changed

Emad B

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

Great location right in the centre of manchester. Check in easy. Rooms quite small but i didn’t need anything more. Breakfast was okay it had the basics (cereal, toast, croissants, coffee etc) but nothing more.

First room was great! Very quiet and spacious. BUT I had to move rooms at 9pm at night due to a leak in the corridor? Not great timing but what can you do? Second room was A LOT smaller, very cold and quite noisy. Didn’t sleep well due the fact. I felt slightly let down after everything before was good.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

Dear Cellis93

Thank you for your review. The team here at the hotel would like to apologise for the unforeseen circumstances that disturbed your stay.

I would like to take a few minutes and speak to you with regards to this, please can you email me the best contact number to call you on ha0h5-gm@accor.com

Look forward to speaking to you.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

Good value, £76 for twin room booked direct through hotel, including breakfast... you cannot grumble at these rates really. The good: modern, generally very clean, bright décor, central, staff personable. The bad: noisy at night, plughole on basin needs cleaning, pillows hard. I would still stay again though.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you for your honest review of your recent stay. I would like to thank you and have a quick discussion over the phone to make your next stay a lot better. Please email me the best contact number for yourselves on ha0h5-gm@accor.com

Look forward to welcoming you back and speaking to you very soon