“Decent if you get a good deal”

Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport
Ranked #40 of 117 Hotels in Manchester
UK
“Decent if you get a good deal”
Reviewed 7 April 2012

We stayed here for one night before our flight on 25th March 2012 and paid £80 for room only and 8 days worth of parking following this, which I think is a very good deal!

The rooms are comfortable and extremely spacious and we had a very good night's sleep. The hotel is a 3-4 minute transfer time to Terminal 1 (where we flew from) and we found everything to be well organised and satisfactory. The room included tea and coffee making facilities, complimentary mineral water and 'this works' sleep products to aid a restful sleep, the bathroom also had complimentary toiletries but strangely there was only one of everything in the room and it was a double, we had all our own products anyway so it didn't matter, I am sure they would have sorted it if we had asked them though.

We arrived late on the night of our stay so I can't comment on the bar/restaurant or on the breakfast the next morning as we were room only. But based on value for money, comfort of the room, ease of transfer and the facilities in the room I would recommend this hotel, I would consider booking again if this offer was available.

There is a free 24 hour gym which we didn't get chance to use but looked decent and the restaurant looked fairly full when we arrived so must be ok.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sessel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (462)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Thai first
Leeds Yorkshire England
Reviewed 6 April 2012

Stayed here the night befor we flew out of Manchester airport. Excellent value for money. We ate in the Thai restaurant, Good good and well served. All the staff were nice and the transfer to terminal 1 the next morning couldn't have been easier. I will certainatly stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
north yorks
Reviewed 6 April 2012

Fabulous hotel, expensive to park and eat, but this is expected at the airport. Room excellent, quiet considering the location and the turnover of guests and the times people leaving rooms. excellent parking but expensive, breakfast, all you can eat for under a tenner was fabulous. bar was very nice and surprisingly not too expensive for drinks. Staff excellent throughout the hotel from reception to cleaners - all chirpy, polite and willing to assist. unable to comment on conference facilities as this was at the Hilton, but would definately use the Crowne in future for overnight stay prior to flying out.

Room Tip: unable to comment. rooms at back overlooking carpark are excellent. clean.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Switzerland
Reviewed 5 April 2012

I must start by admitting that my stay at the hotel was coloured somewhat by being very weary when I arrived. My flight was cancelled after 4 hours of sitting in the plane, and by the time I got to the hotel it had been about 7 hours since I had last eaten anything resembling a meal.

While the hotel is walking distance from the airport, the way to it is not currently easily passable by pathways, due to various roadworks. They do offer transfers apparently, but I wasn't aware of this so did the late night wander instead.

To their credit, I was very quickly dealt with and given my room. The room was nice, clean and comfortable. There was a bath, which is a lovesome thing at the end of a very long day.

Breakfast is a buffet and is served from 4am, which is I am sure very useful to the commuting traveller.

So why do I rate this hotel as only average?

1. They charge for wifi, which I think in these modern days is completely unjustifiable, and simply greedy.
2. I ordered room service, and got the wrong dish. To his credit, the waiter was very nice, apologetic about the error and fixed it promptly.
3. When they delivered the room service, payment in cash was required. As I had been expecting to depart the UK that day, I had no pounds on me. I offered to go down to pay via credit card, but this was not acceptable. They did accept euros but the amount they charged 3 euros over the real conversion rate - a rather hefty whack, on top of the 3.50 "tray charge"

In general I would say that my stay was ok, but not great.

I can imagine choosing to stay there again, but only if I had an early flight to catch. Otherwise I think I would travel the 20 minutes to stay in Manchester itself.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Kiriel
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport, responded to this review, 8 May 2012
Kiriel,

Thank you for your review, and stay. I'm sorry you were not fully satisfied with the service received, but pleased you enjoyed the accommodations. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve. We hope to have the honor of serving you again in the future.

Ben J
IHG Care
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 3 April 2012

I stayed here last week the night before an early flight. Although the hotel is quite nice, there were a few niggles.

The room was ok, more than comfortable, with mod cons.

My issues lie with some of the restaurant staff. the 2 of us went for a meal, which was good. But the service was dire. Simple requests we're met with grunts, huffs/puffs and a general attitude that they did not want us to be there. Not what I wanted to see after spending A LOT of money on food and wine. This let the hotel down big time for me.

All other aspects, ie wake up calls and tranfers were perfect, so cant complain about that.
But when your going to spend in excess of £300 for the hotel stay, and something to eat and drink, I feel we could have been treat a lot better.

Sorry, but its back to Bewleys for me. This was my first, and last time at the Crowne Plaza. I only choose this as my companion stayed here before a New York trip a couple of years ago and highly recommended it and wanted to go back, even though Im a regular Bewleys traveller and wanted to stay there.

My apologies to the staff this does not refer to, but the restaurant staff are letting the place down. Service with a Smile??? Erm... not at this place.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank pheelinphunki
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport, responded to this review, 9 May 2012
Dear pheelinphunki,

Thank you for staying with us. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Katie J
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manchester
0.1 km away
1.7 km away
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North
2.0 km away
Manchester Airport Marriott Hotel

Been to Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport? Share your experiences!