Lowest prices for your stay
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$89
FindHotelUS$89
TravelocityUS$89
eDreamsUS$94
3,259 results
All reviews piccadilly station mini bar standard room cooked breakfast an upgrade birthday treat reception staff comfy bed saturday night city centre stayed for one night northern quarter full english malmasion toiletries ncp executive
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 May 2021 via mobile

Chose Malmaison because of previous good experiences in their hotels but was disappointed for 2 reasons. Both were resolved but having to complain always marrs an experience.
Booked a Club room but the room we were given was very disappointing. It was cell like with a small window and the bed cramped between 2 walls. Also had requested walkin shower but it was over the bath. On asking to be moved was told room was an upgrade to a Deluxe Club room which was surprising. I'm glad I hadn't paid extra for it. We were moved to what appeared to be either a club or standard room as it it was just a bedroom but was bigger. On looking on the site again Club rooms are in the old part and Deluxe in the new. Wouldn't recommend a room in the new part.
The 2nd disappointment was breakfast. Even taking into account they were short staffed the service was non existent & we ended up not having breakfast. Apart from bringing coffee for over half an hour no one came to take our order. We asked a waitress who said she didn't take orders but asked what we wanted and brought us more coffee. Then, along with an apology, we were asked for our order but after waiting another 20 mins there was still no sign of any food even though people who had come in later were getting served so we left.
We complained at reception and were given a refund.
And a minor point what have Malmaison got against butter? Flora doesn't cut it!

Room tip: Asked for a room at the front in the old building.
1  Thank carodalone
Reviewed 27 May 2021 via mobile

The hotel cleanliness and the customer service at this hotel was absolutely shocking, especially for a hotel of this standard.
The first room we were given had fresh wet stains on the bed, dusty surfaces and the carpet was dirty and pulled up in the corners.
I informed reception to which they apologised and gave us another room which took about 20 mins for them to “check whether the new room was clean”.
When moving to our new we weren’t escorted by Donna (hotel manager) to make sure we were comfortable in the new room.
As we entered the new room, again the state of the room was not what is to be expected and if not worse than the first room. It was definitely dated despite it being a ‘deluxe’ room. The bed sheets had visible stains again of what could’ve been make up and the bathroom tiles by the toilet had fresh stains all over it. When we tried to call reception again but the phone in the room was dead so we had to go back down to reception to inform them of the unclean environment and how we would not feel comfortable staying in it for two nights.
Donna then made us feel uncomfortable by claiming we were knit-picking (despite us being absolutely shattered after a 4 hour drive and having a dinner reservation booked that needed to be moved back due to the hotel incompetence). Donna mocked and said she would “get on her hands and knees to scrub the stains off the tiles” and suggested to give us a refund as there “would be no room up to our standard” and we should look elsewhere basically implying that no rooms in the hotel were clean enough (and didn’t have bed linen stains) and we should go somewhere that was clean.
This left us no choice but to take the refund and go to the Doubletree Hotel across the road for our stay.

I do not recommend this hotel and I will not be staying at a Malmaison hotel again.

The Doubletree customer service was exceptional and made sure we were comfortable from the offset. The rooms were also spotless to which you would expect during a pandemic!

1  Thank Kkg655
Philip Newmarch, General Manager at Malmaison Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2021

Thank you for your second review, I have responded via Booking.com also,

I’m so sorry I could not see you myself, as I explained it was Emily Deputy General Manager, who visited you.

The wet stains are due to our misting machine which is used to clean and sanitize your bedroom. I assure you their was no mocking at all, she was just trying to assist. I’m aware you decided to leave and stay at the near by Hilton and I’m please you had a good evening.

I only wish you had contact me directly before the 2 rather scathing reviews my team is working so hard in difficult times and we value the guest support that we have received.

I hope you return and give the Mal we love another chance.

Reviewed 25 May 2021

Well what an amazing weekend thanks to the staff who went above and beyond so friendly clean amazing atmosphere and want to say a huge thankyou to Emily who worked Saturday night credit to the team at mal Manchester my third time staying and will be back soon

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank FellowTraveler558776

Thank you for your amazing kind review.

Reviewed 23 May 2021 via mobile

Stayed in Malmaison’s before but this hotel wasn’t as good as the others

Staff were nice and friendly and the common areas absolutely fine.

We had a room on the fifth floor which was tired and a decent stain on the bathroom ceiling which surprised me as I didn’t expect to see something like that in this standard of hotel.

Reception staff informed of the ceiling stain and I assume it will be dealt with

1  Thank gchc_11

Thank you for bringing the Celling to our attention it appears to be a leak from the AirCon in the room. We have rectified.
Hope to see you soon

Reviewed 20 December 2020 via mobile

We booked a Saturday night in August. The staff were friendly and we felt welcomed. The Room was cosy and clean with a busy city view. We had a great evening meal in the hotel restaurant, tasty dishes and good service.

There was an incident in the night with a fight in the next room and the police were called, so we did not have a good night’s sleep. However, we will consider to go back again in the future as the hotel staff handled disruption very professional next morning.

Date of stay: August 2020