“Absolutely Outstanding ”

Ranked #242 of 2,566 Restaurants in Manchester
Price range: US$25 - US$51
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A charming boutique-style hotel, Great John Street Hotel in Manchester offers relaxed British dining in sophisticated surroundings. At the centre of the Old School House is The Oyster Bar, an intimate vintage-chic bar serving traditional afternoon tea. Found in the Great John Street Hotel, The Lounge leads out onto the School Yard terrace.
Reviewed 23 April 2018 via mobile

The nicest hotel in Manchester I’ve stayed in! We came for the night last week as a family, had a drink in the bar (extremely high class and cosy) before checking in to our rooms. The cocktail i usually drink wasn’t on the menu but the lovely member of staff (A young man called Jordan I think was his name) said he could make it for me :) ... FREE Canapés came with our round of drinks, bread and Chorizo, presented lovely and tasted just as good!
Our room was amazing, a balcony, bath in the bedroom, hugeee bed, TV and sofa, double sink and the shower I just didn’t want to get out of!
We went into Spinning-fields for food and drinks (just a 3 minute walk) which was brilliant.
Breakfast the next morning was lovely and the decor in the breakfast room is amazing.

I will definitely be visiting again , Thankyou to all the staff for looking after us :)

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 18 April 2018 via mobile

Really lovely afternoon tea.
We sat upstairs near the playground and it was extremely nice.
The atmosphere was very relaxing.
The cakes were delightful, my favourite was the lychee one.
The sandwiches were also fab and they took dietary needs into account no problem.
The only disappointment was the quality of the coffee.
Would highly recommend.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Lovely family Afternoon Tea, the service was very good and accommodating to our needs.
No issue to small to deal with, and we all received a rose which was a nice touch.

I would go back and with looks to be able to go on the roof terrace next time.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

Visited Great John Street Hotel for afternoon tea and it was delicious. The staff were very friendly and attentive. Couldn't fault anythung. We will definitely recommend and return. It's a little bit more expensive but well worth it

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 29 January 2018

We had afternoon tea for my daughter's hen party, we were a mixed party including vegetarians and vegans and there was so much thought put into every element of the meal. Each member of our party was catered for and it was so lovely that the vegan fare was not an after thought which is so often the case.
Beautiful, tasty sandwiches, exquisite cakes and freshly baked warm scones with home-made jam and clotted cream.
Superb, friendly service and excellent food, I would highly recommend this afternoon tea

Date of visit: January 2018