“No Artichokes AGAIN?! *sigh*”
Review of A Taste of Honey

A Taste of Honey
Ranked #635 of 2,361 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

Very disillusioned with this deli now.
If you want a decent sandwich be sure to get there early because any later than say midday and you're paying overpriced prices for scraps of bread on a sandwich that is half the size it would have been at opening.
They NEVER have the artichokes I like, despite reassuring me "they'll be in next time" - bored of that line now. Same applies for the type of mozzarella I like. Alway out of stock!
Annalise is tiring too. I just want to pick up my sandwich, not listen to the woes of life.... come on, cheer up!
And PLEASE guys, wear gloves! It's 2017! Are you kidding me?!
Used to be a lovely little place, but I fear complacency is taken over. Better delis around!

Reviewed 2 August 2017

Fantastic deli in West Didsbury who handmake all sandwiches to order, with massive fillings, friendly staff, great selection of cheese, meat, pies, and other items, best salads for miles all freshly prepared

Reviewed 14 April 2017

I used Taste of Honey to cater for my husband's 50th. Annalise was extremely helpful and flexible in getting the buffet arrangements just right. She also liaised with the venue regarding delivery, storage and presentation requirements. The buffet was beautifully presented and the food was great - fresh, lots of variety and suitable for all tastes. I received many compliments on the evening from my guests regarding the food. Many thanks Annalise.

Reviewed 6 April 2017

I'm still not completely sure about this place after a good few visits.
It undoubtedly has the best produce for miles around but can't help feeling cheated if I don't arrive before 1pm. By then, the less popular and much smaller loaves are left leaving me with a sandwich half the size for the same price. After spending £4-5 on a sandwich I don't want to be left still hungry.

Also, the staff don't wear gloves when preparing your food which is a bit off putting. Surprised to see that in this day and age.

Reviewed 13 March 2017 via mobile

Came here today as I was passing with work. I could not have had a better experience!
- Both Staff were extremely warm and friendly, served me promptly and both seemed genuinely pleased to serve.
- Fantastic choice of homemade pies, pasties, sandwich choices, drinks and more substantial items. I had a granary roll with cheese and cured ham. Quite a selection of alternative fillings for sandwiches too, Olives, marinades etc. I wanted everything! Tasted fantastic, fresh, bespoke, deli!
- Finally the price was fantastic. A large sandwich and pork & chilli pie just over £5. Amazing. Shame you aren't in the City Centre!
Recommended