“Really tasty food”

Cuisines: Persian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 7 September 2016

We really enjoyed a lunch at Pomegranate - my king prawn dish was served in what looked like a think, ketchup-esque sauce; so it didn't LOOK great upon being bought out....but in terms of taste; it was delicious!
Warm bread and dips were fantastic...
Hubbie was really impressed with his kebab, so much so, he recommended it for a works meal the following month. Mixed responses from his colleagues. he maintains the food is great...I agree. Lovely intimate lil restaurant offering West Dids something different and needed.

2  Thank saharaz

Reviewed 22 August 2016 via mobile

We enjoy Persian food and I searched TripAdvisor for such a restaurant and found Pomegranate that is not too far from where we live. I read all the reviews and studied the menus on the website it looked to our liking so I booked a table.

We arrived a few minutes before our time booked and were met by very friendly staff. The service from arriving to leaving was superb. The girls were very attentive, explained the menu which was not too extensive and we liked. My husband wasn't sure about his main course so he was offered a sampler......! How can anyone not be satisfied here. The quality of food was really good and fresh. From beginning to end we were both really pleasantly surprised and it wasn't overpriced. We will be almost certainly be dining at Pomegranate again.

1  Thank Anndl
Reviewed 21 August 2016

Lovely small restaurant with a great ambience and a lovely warm colour scheme. The starters / mezze were really interesting and nice. The main courses were quite heavy. Many of the dishes had a sweetness to them that to me was a little overwhelming, but I'm sure that was just my palate and others may disagree. My lamb and chicken kebab was nice without being special. The wine list is extremely limited and unimaginative. Not a bad place at all.

1  Thank UKRaj
Reviewed 20 August 2016

Great place, lovely ambience and absolutely delicious food, top this with extremely courteous staff and this makes Pomegranate a super place to eat. Much recommended.

5  Thank HeatherSmith77
Reviewed 14 July 2016

To Start with, when we entered at the restaurant staff was just stood there looking at us. We had to go down at the counter to ask for our table. Once we got seated, they took time bringing us menus which was strange. The main waitress was rude not helpful at all. it was 8 of us and everyone complained how rude she was. We just did not feel welcome there. it felt like they didn't wanted us there. Other younger waitress was very nice to us all.

Food was okay. I wouldn't say the best. wouldn't go back.

1  Thank Nick T