We stayed two nights, but we're really underwhelmed by this hotel. The staff are very friendly and the hotel clean, but the rooms are tiny, with an incredibly annoying green light in the ceiling that lights up the room.
The pool has a glass wall which means everyone entering reception stops to critique your swimming; or just to stare at you.
The restaurant was very strange, virtually deserted, with untrained but friendly staff and a lot of noise from the leisure club. Surprisingly the dinner was really very good, unlike breakfast which was so awful we didn't have it on the second day even though we'd paid for it.
We won't be staying there again, it's fine for an overnight but I may as well use the nearby chain hotel.
I have put all this on the questionnaire sent by the hotel but not had a response.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in 8 acres of landscaped gardens on the banks of the River Mersey, The Waterside Hotel is just 10 minutes from Manchester Airport. There is a restaurant, leisure centre and free Wi-Fi.The comfortable rooms at Waterside each have a private bathroom, tea and coffee facilities and a flat-screen TV with Freeview. There is also free parking and a 24-hour front desk. Guests have use of the newly refurbished Leisure Club, which features a 25-metre swimming pool, hot tubs, saunas, steam rooms and a gym. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Waterside Hotel & Leisure Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Waterside Hotel And Galleon Leisure Club
- The Galleon Hotel Leisure