“Lovely break”

Waterside Hotel & Leisure Club
Ranked #42 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

What a relaxing weekend
Myself and my partner had a weekend away before collecting his son from the airport, he said to take some gym and swimming gear with me, I was slightly reluctant to take swimwear as i feel uncomfortable in these places, he explained it had a sauna so I thought I could wrap a towel round me and sit in there. How wrong I was, the whole place from the reception to the bar and to the gym had a fully relaxed feel about it, James on reception was such a lovely man and really friendly, he was very welcoming and helpful. The gym had so many areas, including a section just for ladies, lots of equipment and a lovely relaxed atmosphere. After that I went to the hydrotherapy area OMG it was fab bubbles, shower,, steam, shower, salt steam, shower, sauna, shower, then a relaxing chair for 20 min, I slept very well that night!
The breakfast in the morning was lovely, juice, cereal, cooked breakfast, tea, coffee, all was well presented and hot.
The room was small but I have to say everything we needed was there and it is only for sleeping in, the bathroom was lovely and the towels were soft and big
Overall a lovely relaxing break and looking forward to going again.

Room Tip: There was a party on the Sat night and was a little disturbing, but was finished by midnight,
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Braddaz65

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The staff were so welcoming and friendly, particularly Dave he was an absolute gem, he made us feel so welcome and relaxed! The hotel was lovely, very modern, very well maintained and absolutely spotless. Great value for money. Would definitely recommend to anyone.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

As a gym member we decided to try the restaurant for the Sunday lunch and were not disappointed. Having eaten and had coffee in the lounge/ bar area we had seen the restaurant and thought we'd give it a try. We were the only diners at the time we had lunch, which meant a great choice of tables and it was lovely and quiet, like a private dining room! We ordered from the set menu which at 12.99 for 3 courses is great value. Our little boy ordered from the cafe menu and had burger which was lovely and we all had Sunday lunch. Service was good and not overly attentive food was fresh and good size portions, desserts beautiful and just the right size after 2 other courses. Overall it was lovely relaxing lunch and we will be back again, maybe with a few more of the family.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

Me and my partner stayed here while having a few shopping and football based days! On arrival the staff were very friendly and told us about the restaurant and leisure facilities. Our room was very compact but had everything we needed. (I do believe you can choose between a small or standard type room, we did choose small!) Beautifully clean room and bathroom. Break fast was included in our room rate and was delicious! Fresh fruit and yoghurt, cereals, pastries and toast all help yourself, and a menu for cooked items. Again, very friendly and helpful staff. The pool, gym and spa included in our stay were fantastic. Hydrotherapy pool and steam rooms left me feeling more relaxed than I have in months! I highly recommend this hotel can't wait to visit again!

Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed two nights, but we're really underwhelmed by this hotel. The staff are very friendly and the hotel clean, but the rooms are tiny, with an incredibly annoying green light in the ceiling that lights up the room.
The pool has a glass wall which means everyone entering reception stops to critique your swimming; or just to stare at you.
The restaurant was very strange, virtually deserted, with untrained but friendly staff and a lot of noise from the leisure club. Surprisingly the dinner was really very good, unlike breakfast which was so awful we didn't have it on the second day even though we'd paid for it.
We won't be staying there again, it's fine for an overnight but I may as well use the nearby chain hotel.
I have put all this on the questionnaire sent by the hotel but not had a response.

2  Thank Modon20720