“Excellent lamb”
Review of Raoshi Restaurant

Raoshi Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Raoshi Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #452 of 2,368 Restaurants in Manchester
Price range: US$16 - US$33
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Raoshi Lebanese Restaurant prides itself on excellence in serving Lebanese food like we make home, from the preparation of food to the presentation and quality of service. Located within 10 minutes from Manchester Airport, and close to Sale Town centre we are ideally situated in the suburbs of Manchester. We also serve a wide range of refreshing fruit drinks and beverages to complement your meal. Our food is 100% Halal and we ONLY use fresh products.
Reviewed 16 January 2016

Starters lamb rolls and goats cheese salad very good. The roast lamb with rice was the best I have tasted. Reasonable prices. Excellent service.

1  Thank alaninteriors

Reviewed 15 January 2016 via mobile

This is not the first visit to this place but certainly the last!!
I with few of my friends have visited this place several times before and in every single visit we were very disappointed in the following areas:
- management: the manager obviously is the owner himself one of the rudest managers we've ever met.
- price: this restaurant is a rip off place so be very careful when paying the bill, make sure to check and ask about every single item on it!!
- food: is very bland and poor they should really call it anything but Lebanese.
- atmosphere: is very sad

As I mentioned we've been to this place several times and in every visit we were very disappointed with the areas mentioned above but thought mane it's coincidence as the owner apologises after a rip off and a nasty behaviour made by him, however on the new year eve it was chaos and despite waiting for over 40 minutes for a table which we all ready booked, the rude owner threatened that he will will kick us out !!!
And ended up charging us and extra amount of £200 as a punishment for our argument!!!

So I really mean it be very careful when going to that place.

2  Thank Mano179
sam h, General Manager at Raoshi Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2016

Same group as the 2nd of January REVIEW
very surprisingly that have been several times and been disappointing previously!!
why do you come again and again very confusing ??
If I may say that this group of 13 adults and 10 children under 10 years old are a group of people who booked the lounge next to the restaurant on New year’s eve where we agreed that they will use our bar and food
UNFORTUNATELY YOU HAVE BROUGHT SHAME ON YOURSELVES BY BEING UNCIVILIZED, RUDE AND DISRESPECTFUL TO STAFF AND MANAGEMENT GETTING DRUNK AND CLOSE TO FEMALE MEMBERS OF STAFF
( CCTV RECORDINGS BEING ANALYSED )
AMOUNT PAID WAS £700 BASED ON USING OUR RESTAURANT BAR.
NO EXTRA MONEY WAS CHARGED, TOTAL LIES AND FAKE CLAIMS .
The problem started when one of our staff found out have brought your own alcohol, it was reported to me and they were all drinking out of bottles under the tables, so at that point I have warned them and asked them to remove the drinks and as we agreed to buy drinks from our bar.
Later on it was reported to me that they were smoking inside the premises, I had to go again to warn them that smoking is not allowed indoors and firmly warned them not to smoke or they have to leave the premises especially that they are smoking around their own children inhaling their fumes,
Again it was reported to me that one of the guests named Mr. Hariri was drunk and actually went behind the counter intimidating a female member of staff asking for water in a rude manner and shouting and using abusive words.
so smoking indoors, violating our bar license, insulting the staff and coming drunk behind the bar intimidating female member of staff in a bullying manner and shouting abusive words is not acceptable and is disrespectful and uncivilized in every term
at that point we had to call the security and ask them to leave the premises.
many thanks
Raoshi MANAGEMENT

Reviewed 15 January 2016 via mobile

This is not the first visit to this place but certainly the last!!
- atmosphere: is very sad

As I mentioned we've been to this place several times and in every visit we were very disappointed with the areas mentioned above but thought maybe it's coincidence as the owner apologises after a rip off and a nasty behaviour made by him, however on the new year eve it was chaos and despite waiting for over 40 minutes for a table which we all ready booked, the owner threatened that he will kick us out !!!

So I really mean it be careful when going to that place.

Reviewed 10 January 2016

I have been recently to it .it is was the worst experience I had in my life . It is bad ,so disgusting in terms of services and waiterig . The manger of that restaurant is awful ,rude ,not helpful and is not supposed to be a manger , it is supposed to learn to become polite and he should be brought up again in terms of his behaviour and his manners
He is so greedy and charge too much for disgusting stuff
A few of His staffs are impolite and they lean from him
His place should be closed till the manger being changed
I do not advise strongly any body to come to it due to bad management till this awful manger removed
Actually this place is a wasted with bad manger
This is my experience however all close friends who has been recently to this unrecommend place

1  Thank ammar529
Reviewed 3 January 2016 via mobile

This review is as objective as I can be with the following positive and negative aspects.

Positives:
Food was very good, both in quality and quantity. It is the quality you get in the best Lebanese restaurant.
The lounge we booked for the New Year Eve 2015-2016 is big and comfortable as the kids had enough space to play.

Negatives:
One member in our group opened his own 2 bottles of wine thinking it is permitted. A member of the staff Melissa went and misinformed the owner that we opened 6 bottles of wine (possibly to score credit with him). He was very angry and rude and threatened at 9 O'clock to kick us all out. We apologised and bought a further 3 bottles of wine from the bar. At this stage he also demanded the full payment or he will kick us out (it appears to me that is his normal behaviour to threaten customers and take advantage of their need, please read previous reviews particularly wedding reception incident). He also demanded extra £300 for the wine we brought as punishment.

The service we received was poor in that we repeatedly asked for basic things such as water, clearing the tables after food (which we started to do ourselves).

We had a second bust of anger from the owner after midnight for unclear reason saying non of us are welcome again and that we made a mess of the place which is not true. He asked his security to kick us out (total of 7 families with many children). He has no manners and doesn't know how to talk or negotiate without using the word "kick you out".

The calming effect was from the brilliant head chef who was very apologetic and given us free 2 cakes which is a very nice gesture. Welcoming customers with a smiley face doesn't harm the reputation.

All in all, I recommend this place as you are unlikely to have direct dealing with the owner. However, if booking the venue for big occasions, then expect some disappointment.

2  Thank AdvisorL123