“Easter Sunday treat”

Cuisines: Pizza, Seafood, Grill
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Went with my husband Easter Sunday atmosphere was fab, face painting for kids, live music, photo booth. Was great food came fast and was great. Sunday roast for 2 full chicken, roast potatoes, Yorkshire pudding, stuffing, cabbage, cauliflower, carrot and swede mash, parsnips, big jug of gravy, heaven. Well worth a visit all for 9.95 each.

Abi N, Guest Relations Manager at Artisan, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to review Artisan on TripAdivsor. We are pleased you enjoyed Easter Sunday with ourselves.

If we can be of any further help please feel free to give the restaurant a call or alternatively drop us a line on manchesterpa@artisan.uk.com

Abi

Write a ReviewReviews (1,286)

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Went with a January half price offer. The food was good and a nice meal all rounds. Steaks cooked well. Wouldn’t go at normal prices I think.

Hello Danny,

Thank you for taking the time to review our January Offer.

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Went out last night for a friends birthday. 11 of us so we were given a large table at the end of the restaurant. We ordered off set menu B which sounded quite nice on reading and at £30 appeared to be a good deal.
The baked camembert starter was really nice, quite big for a starter but glad I ate it all. The steak main was a minute steak rather the advertised rump, I ordered an extra sauce for £1.50 and got a tiny pot that was dumped at the end of the table with everyone else’s. Dessert was a cold and soggy apple turnover.
Service was terrible, we were seated for over 2 hours and only asked twice if we would like more drinks and the food was even worse. Couldn’t even chat as the speaker overhead was so loud I could barely hear the people I was sat next to without shouting.
I’m sure for cocktails in the bar it’s a good place to go. But wouldn’t recommend for food.
Generally a disappointing evening.

Hi Eleanor,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor, I am sorry to read you did not enjoy your experience at Artisan. Please can you send your contact details to myself on manchesterpa@artisan.uk.com and our General Manager will be in touch shortly to discuss your experience personally.

Thanks

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

Loved the cocktails in this quirky but very nice restraunt bar.situated in spinning field there are lots of bars and restaurants near by, this place is definitely worth a visit

Hello Natalie,

Thank you for your lovely TripAdvisor comments. We are pleased you enjoyed our cocktails and the atmosphere within Artisan.

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

I ate at Artisan yesterday with six friends. We opted for the “express” lunch for £10.95 which appeared to be good value.

We where seated at 14.30 and where only getting our second course at 16.00 (and then they got two of the orders wrong).

The food was average at best. I had Mac and cheese starter which was ok but it was served with over cooked and dry flatbread that did not work. Maybe try garlic bread to go with it? As for main course I got the special menu add on of rib burger which was actually dry pulled pork on a bun. Again edible but a disappointment.

BUT the main issue was the staff - especially the waiter who brought us our bill. 7 people at £10.95 each means the bill should be just under £70. Simple maths. Well we where presented with a bill for £194!!!! So we advised the waiter this bill was not ours (not only was it too high it had nothing we had ordered on it). Well at this point you would expect an apology and the waiter to investigate the bill and correct it (mistakes do happen). We got a very abrupt and loud “what’s wrong with it?” So I again advised it’s not our bill. “Well what’s on it that’s wrong?” Again in aggressively shout at us. I advised all of it as this is not what we ordered. The waiter then grabbed the bill and said “well it’s not my fault I just input on a system” and then marched off (we never said it was his fault).

We did then get the correct bill with a £8 service charge added to it. We advised we where not paying that service charge (bare in mind what service we had just had over the wrong bill and slow to come food) and we got barked at again over that!

Needless to say I won’t be returning. Artisan, you seriously need to train your staff in the bare basics of customer service. It was not that the bill was wrong that was the main issue, it was the atrocious way the issue was handled that was the reason our dissatisfaction, well that and the fact that the express lunch was anything but express!

Hi Paul,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor, I am sorry to read you did not enjoy your visit to Artisan. Please can you send your contact details to myself on manchesterpa@artisan.uk.com and our General Manager will be in touch shortly to discuss your experience personally.

Thanks