“Always excellent”

Ranked #341 of 2,467 Restaurants in Manchester
Price range: US$20 - US$33
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Set in the hub of Manchester's King Street West, this brand-new concept restaurant is the feather in the cap of the San Carlo group's award-winning chain of Italian restaurants. A departure from the regular San Carlo formula, the dining room boasts an open, light and airy all-white space with red accents, and a stylish bar and lounge area perfect for pre/post dinner drinks. The menu is an lavish celebration of traditional seafood-led Italian cuisine, and favourite dishes include the Scallops San Carlo; Tagliatelle Monte Carlo – pasta served with sautéed shallots and diced monkfish in a creamy tomato and white wine sauce; and the traditional spiced Italian sausages cooked with Borlotti beans.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Having eaten here on several occasions my experience is always the same. Friendly staff, excellent food and drink. I would recommend in a heart beat an look forward to many more meals here in the future

Write a ReviewReviews (4,631)

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Went with the family for my daughter's 18th birthday. My older daughter has raved about San Carlo many times, but be honest, I was expecting much more. Nothing was complimentary and service was pretty slow. I like to be offered a selection of bread on the house while waiting, but nothing. While the food was perfectly acceptable, the prawn pasta dish I had was short on flavour and the sauce was watery and bland.
To be fair my wife and daughters seemed happy with their meals and the San Carlo special ice cream desert was very nice.
They also need to build a better entrance with a porch area. It was only 2 degrees outside and the constant opening of the doors provided a cold draft. When I am eating somewhere for a special occasion I expect to be more comfortable.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Me and my wife ate here on good Friday and the thing that stands out is the speed of service. Drinks and courses ordered came in no time at all. The food is very good although I’ve had better for the prices.
It was good but we both prefer Rosso.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

We took foreign visitors and there was no disappointment.

Great food, maybe too much choice. Proper Italian staff and service (where do they find so many Italians in Manchester - they must make it up).

Worth a visit and you won’t be disappointed.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

I went to San Carlo many times, I’ve always felt welcomed and the food was absolutely stunning. The staff is extremely nice and professional