“Great location and food”
Review of Gusto

Gusto
Ranked #179 of 2,420 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Had a lovely lunch with friends, very calm relaxed environment, we all enjoyed our food and the service was efficient. Haven’t been to this Gusto before but have been to others and it’s reliably good and not ridiculously priced.

Gusto M, General Manager at Gusto, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Myrtle04

Thank you for leaving us this great review. I am glad to read that you enjoyed your recent lunch with us at Gusto Manchester. We hope to see you again very soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Great reception, great staff and food, lots of room here and great place to eat the staff were very helpful and always smiling, the food was excellent as were the surroundings a top place to visit

Dear handers,

Thank you for taking your time to submit your lovely review. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your most recent visit to Gusto Manchester, and you found all our staff so accommodating and helpful. We look forward to seeing you very soon.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

The minute you walk in here you know it’s going to be good. And it was. The place is very attractive. A mix of young and old. Good wine. Good food. Good service.

Hi Neeshee,

Thank you for leaving us your lovely review on your recent visit. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed all aspects of your meal, hopefully we will see you again very soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Visited here as a couples Saturday night out. My first visit but my wife has eaten here before. The place was quite busy but after checking in at the "reception" desk we were told to go into the restaurant and we would be collected. Nobody did collect us but after a couple of minutes someone intercepted us and took us to a table. The table was fine and the place had a nice (if noisy) ambience. Our drinks order was taken and delivered and then the food order shortly after.

The starters arrived after about 20 minutes - 2 mushroom dishes and 2 calamari. It has to be said they were rather small portions, and the mushrooms were not very hot.

The mains we had were: 2 Griffin pizzas (very large, quite spicy and hot when served), one rump steak (you have to order extras and sauce to accompany) and one prawn pasta dish (nothing special, it seemed like a generic sauce with it).

We had a bottle of white wine, two lagers, a glass of wine and one of prosecco plus two bottles of fizzy water. With one espresso and dessert the bill came to almost £150. Most people would say this is what you'd expect for city centre prices and they'd probably be right. If the meal had been really good I would accept this even though I begrudge paying for meals out. I feel it was nothing more than average and meals I eat at home are far superior for a fraction of the cost. We had a nice evening and probably should have complained about the starters but I'm in a pragmatic mood at the moment so didn't bother!

In summary, not awful, not great, just average. Wouldn't return again, there are lots of other places to try.

Mirek B, General Manager at Gusto, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Graham

thank you very much for your feedback regarding your recent visit. Please allow me to apologise that your visit did not meet your expectation and food and service wasn't up to our usually high standards. I would like to discuss this with you further, could you please email me your contact details. My email is mirekbulka@gustorestaurants.uk.com

Kindest Regards

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Me and my partner always come to Gusto for some nice cocktails since last year and it's always been very accomodating until our visit on a Thursday night.

We sat in the bar as usual and been asked what we want to drink. This was probably about/after 8 as there are still people dining etc.

My partner asked for a white russian and I asked for nuts and berries (a not-so-popular cocktail) and the guy behind the bar gave us an annoyed look as if I offended him. So my partner explained what it is as it wasn't the first time we ordered that in a bar so we did expect the unfamiliarity. I would understand that bit apart from the next approach and comment along the lines of "so what is it stirred, shaken etc?!" In a very offended expression. I had to pause and gather what just happened there.

Anyway we sat down for about 10 minutes and left after another 5 minutes because he's just cleaning the bar, throwing/putting things away which made us feel like we shouldn't be there.

We checked the time, are we not supposed to be there because there are still people dining, but we never felt so uncomfortable.

On a normal day we will stay for 3 drinks, that night we stayed for 15mins with a big sip of our only drink.

Like I said we always enjoy our stay in Gusto especially for drinks. But that only night, we were so disappointed.

Dear Keith,

thank you very much for your feedback regarding your recent visit. I'm sorry to hear that on this occasion your visit wasn't as enjoyable as your previous visits and please allow me to apologise on behalf of our bartender for creating the wrong impression.

All our bartenders are trained to go beyond guests' expectation and help them to choose the right drink suited the occasion. And they don't know the drink they were asked to make, providing we have the ingredience, with bit of help from our guests they would be happy to make it, which wasn't the case on this occasion.

Could you please email me you contact details as i would like to discuss this with you further. My email is mirekbulka@gustorestaurants.uk.com.

Kindest regards